Taking sideview mirror apart?

Old August 12th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Cameron

Default Taking sideview mirror apart?

I've got the entire housing off of the 88 mustang but I cant tell how to get
the mirro off to get to the motor. I see a screw back inbehind the mirror
but no way to get to it.

Any ideas?

Old August 12th 06, 06:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Cameron

I ended up ripping the mirror from the plastic and then there were some
screws underneath. I wonder where to pick up a side mirror motor cheap :-)

.. .

Old August 12th 06, 04:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kate[_3_]

You can have new glass cut at your local glass shop very reasonably.

Kate

Old August 12th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Cameron

I didnt break the glass, it was jsut glued on. Hoepfully I can pick up a
cheap set of 87-93 mustang side mirrors on ebay and the motors will be the
same.

.. .

Old August 12th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Cameron

I won a set of two side mirrors off a 1990 lx hatchback for $20 on ebay.
Not sure if the housing is identical or not, but surely the motor is the
same.

.. .