Warn Winch question

Old June 4th 04, 08:38 AM
Zenteren

Default Warn Winch question

I'm owner of Warn M6000 12V winch. It is old for about 1 year and now when I
disengage the drum (freespooling) I need to pull cable really hard to rotate
drum. In some cases it is even impossible to freespool cable out, and then
the only way is to use remote control. Anybody here knows the trick how to
repair it???

Old June 4th 04, 11:39 AM
James BIGFOOT Holloway

hello i have the same problem with my ransey 8000. YOu have to strip the
gearbox end and clean it all out etc even after i did mine it still did
not on free spool. IAm going to have to send it back to be fixed

Old June 4th 04, 11:39 AM
James BIGFOOT Holloway

Old June 4th 04, 06:45 PM
Roger Brown

Zenteren wrote:

> I'm owner of Warn M6000 12V winch. It is old for about 1 year and now when I
> disengage the drum (freespooling) I need to pull cable really hard to rotate
> drum. In some cases it is even impossible to freespool cable out, and then
> the only way is to use remote control. Anybody here knows the trick how to
> repair it???

You might want to contact Warn's tech support dept. and ask them.

--
Roger
Old June 4th 04, 06:45 PM
Roger Brown

Old June 5th 04, 03:15 PM
Mike Romain

That only happens on mine if I put it away messy.

After use, it needs to be unspooled and wrapped back under tension on
the drum. If you don't do this, the last use has forced the cable to
cut down through the windings on the next row down, this can really jam
up the cable and it will start to fray the cable pretty fast if left or
used like this.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old June 5th 04, 03:15 PM
Mike Romain

Old June 5th 04, 06:19 PM
Zenteren

That is not a problem in my case. I try to pull it on the first row and same
thing happens. One thing I'v noticed that my winch cannot hold the car on
steep slopes. I really don't know what it could be the problem. The cone
brake is in goode shape and is cleaned from all the stuff that could get
into it.