POLL ::: If the rear differential of a 4WD jeep is overhauled by a Jeep Dealer because of failure

Old October 15th 04, 02:01 AM
Tom & Debbie Heintz

"aaa" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:18:30 -0400, aaa > wrote:
>
>>should the dealership instinctively look at the front IDENTICAL high
>>failure rate differential such as for fluid check and other possible
>>problems in a quick check without customer request ???

> The initial request was to investigate a rear whining sound, not
> specifically to replace the differential. The rear differential was
> then overhauled upon service advisor recommendations. Shoul entire
> drive line been inspected ?
>>
>>Yes or No
>>
>>Dealer comments welcome

The question I have is has there been a subsequent problem with the front
differential or are you concerned that there could be one in the future?
Have you noticed any problems or noises since the work? If I'd been working
the job I wouldn't have automatically suspected a problem with the front
diff. I'm looking forward to hearing what has happened since you had the
rear diff work done. If you haven't had any problems I wouldn't fret
worrying when the front end will go out.

Best of luck,

Tom Heintz "Mopar Maniac"

Old October 15th 04, 03:01 AM
mic canic

yes but you know alot of times customers don't know when maintence is due and
actually welcome the fact that some dealers keep trac of it regardless if they get
it done there or not

Old October 15th 04, 03:01 AM
mic canic

Old October 15th 04, 11:22 PM
aaa

It went out 120 days after repair of the rear.

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:01:16 -0500, "Tom & Debbie Heintz"
> wrote:

.. .

Old October 15th 04, 11:22 PM
aaa

It went out 120 days after repair of the rear.

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:01:16 -0500, "Tom & Debbie Heintz"
> wrote:

.. .

Old October 15th 04, 11:25 PM
aaa

Oh, and did I mention the rear pinions were all torn up in the
overhauled rear from just 120 days ago and had to be redone also again
just two days after the front was rebuilt.

So here we have 3 differential reworks now in 120 days and I might be
looking at a fourth on the front again for a concern that was
mentioned.

Be aware, these are JEEP DEALERS doing the repairs !

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:22:10 -0400, aaa > wrote:

>It went out 120 days after repair of the rear.
>

>On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:01:16 -0500, "Tom & Debbie Heintz"
> wrote:

. ..

Old October 15th 04, 11:25 PM
aaa

Oh, and did I mention the rear pinions were all torn up in the
overhauled rear from just 120 days ago and had to be redone also again
just two days after the front was rebuilt.

So here we have 3 differential reworks now in 120 days and I might be
looking at a fourth on the front again for a concern that was
mentioned.

Be aware, these are JEEP DEALERS doing the repairs !

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:22:10 -0400, aaa > wrote:

>It went out 120 days after repair of the rear.
>

>On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:01:16 -0500, "Tom & Debbie Heintz"
> wrote:

. ..

Old October 15th 04, 11:54 PM
James C. Reeves

True...but you wouldn't want to pay a master mechanic rate for the time spent
"checking fluids" that typically would be done by a more junior level person at
half the cost.

"mic canic" > wrote in message
| yes but you know alot of times customers don't know when maintence is due and
| actually welcome the fact that some dealers keep trac of it regardless if
they get
| it done there or not
|
| "James C. Reeves" wrote:
|
| > "aaa" > wrote in message
| > | should the dealership instinctively look at the front IDENTICAL high
| > | failure rate differential such as for fluid check and other possible
| > | problems in a quick check without customer request ???
| > |
| > | Yes or No
| > |

Old October 15th 04, 11:54 PM
James C. Reeves

"mic canic" > wrote in message
| yes but you know alot of times customers don't know when maintence is due and
| actually welcome the fact that some dealers keep trac of it regardless if
they get
| it done there or not
|
| "James C. Reeves" wrote:
|
| > "aaa" > wrote in message
| > | should the dealership instinctively look at the front IDENTICAL high
| > | failure rate differential such as for fluid check and other possible
| > | problems in a quick check without customer request ???
| > |
| > | Yes or No
| > |

Old October 16th 04, 08:27 AM