The good old days

Old May 21st 05, 12:28 AM
L Sternn

Default The good old days

Driving home from work today in 102 degree heat with the top down and
a 12-pack of beer by my side, I longed for the good old days when it
would have been legal for me to break that 12-pack open and have a
cold one while I sat in traffic.

Sigh....

So, instead I had to drive 90 miles an hour so I could get home and
legally crack one open.

Just kidding about that last part - I drove no more than 50 and I
still haven't opened a beer even though I've been home a good 15
minutes.
Old May 21st 05, 04:22 AM
Harry K

L Sternn wrote:
> Driving home from work today in 102 degree heat with the top down and
> a 12-pack of beer by my side, I longed for the good old days when it
> would have been legal for me to break that 12-pack open and have a
> cold one while I sat in traffic.
>
> Sigh....
>
> So, instead I had to drive 90 miles an hour so I could get home and
> legally crack one open.
>
> Just kidding about that last part - I drove no more than 50 and I
> still haven't opened a beer even though I've been home a good 15
> minutes.

Let me guess. Texas? Used to be legal to drink while driving as long
as you weren't legally drunk. Every car (well that's an exageration)
had the beer can holder clipped to the door before cup holders were
pretty much standard. Damn but that dates me.

Harry K

Old May 21st 05, 08:02 AM
L Sternn

On 20 May 2005 20:22:53 -0700, "Harry K" >
wrote:

>L Sternn wrote:
>> Driving home from work today in 102 degree heat with the top down and
>> a 12-pack of beer by my side, I longed for the good old days when it
>> would have been legal for me to break that 12-pack open and have a
>> cold one while I sat in traffic.
>>
>> Sigh....
>>
>> So, instead I had to drive 90 miles an hour so I could get home and
>> legally crack one open.
>>
>> Just kidding about that last part - I drove no more than 50 and I
>> still haven't opened a beer even though I've been home a good 15
>> minutes.

>Let me guess. Texas? Used to be legal to drink while driving as long
>as you weren't legally drunk. Every car (well that's an exageration)
>had the beer can holder clipped to the door before cup holders were
>pretty much standard. Damn but that dates me.

I notice you didn't even attempt to point out anything wrong with
that.

Old May 21st 05, 02:19 PM
Harry K

L Sternn wrote:
> On 20 May 2005 20:22:53 -0700, "Harry K" >
> wrote:
>

> >L Sternn wrote:
> >> Driving home from work today in 102 degree heat with the top down

and
> >> a 12-pack of beer by my side, I longed for the good old days when

it
> >> would have been legal for me to break that 12-pack open and have a
> >> cold one while I sat in traffic.
> >>
> >> Sigh....
> >>
> >> So, instead I had to drive 90 miles an hour so I could get home

and
> >> legally crack one open.
> >>
> >> Just kidding about that last part - I drove no more than 50 and I
> >> still haven't opened a beer even though I've been home a good 15
> >> minutes.

> >Let me guess. Texas? Used to be legal to drink while driving as

long
> >as you weren't legally drunk. Every car (well that's an

exageration)
> >had the beer can holder clipped to the door before cup holders were
> >pretty much standard. Damn but that dates me.
> >

> I notice you didn't even attempt to point out anything wrong with
> that.
>
> >Harry K

Since I see nothing wrong with it, why should I?

Harry K

Old May 21st 05, 03:09 PM
Furious George

L Sternn wrote:
> Driving home from work today in 102 degree heat with the top down and
> a 12-pack of beer by my side, I longed for the good old days when it
> would have been legal for me to break that 12-pack open and have a
> cold one while I sat in traffic.
>
> Sigh....

Venez-vous du Texas?

Old May 21st 05, 07:55 PM

L Sternn wrote:
> On 20 May 2005 20:22:53 -0700, "Harry K" >
> wrote:
>

> >L Sternn wrote:
> >> Driving home from work today in 102 degree heat with the top down

and
> >> a 12-pack of beer by my side, I longed for the good old days when

it
> >> would have been legal for me to break that 12-pack open and have a
> >> cold one while I sat in traffic.
> >>
> >> Sigh....
> >>
> >> So, instead I had to drive 90 miles an hour so I could get home

and
> >> legally crack one open.
> >>
> >> Just kidding about that last part - I drove no more than 50 and I
> >> still haven't opened a beer even though I've been home a good 15
> >> minutes.

> >Let me guess. Texas? Used to be legal to drink while driving as

long
> >as you weren't legally drunk. Every car (well that's an

exageration)
> >had the beer can holder clipped to the door before cup holders were
> >pretty much standard. Damn but that dates me.
> >

> I notice you didn't even attempt to point out anything wrong with
> that.

Still is legal in Texas except on freeways IIRC. The recent law change
still doesn't apply to country roads, which makes sense if your closest
neighbor's house is a half mile away.

Better to take the beer with you than chug it before driving...

Dave

Old May 21st 05, 09:29 PM
L Sternn

On 21 May 2005 06:19:26 -0700, "Harry K" >
wrote:

>L Sternn wrote:
>> On 20 May 2005 20:22:53 -0700, "Harry K" >
>> wrote:

>and

>it

>and

>> >Let me guess. Texas? Used to be legal to drink while driving as

>long
>> >as you weren't legally drunk. Every car (well that's an

>exageration)
>> >had the beer can holder clipped to the door before cup holders were
>> >pretty much standard. Damn but that dates me.
>> >

>> I notice you didn't even attempt to point out anything wrong with
>> that.
>>
>> >Harry K

>Since I see nothing wrong with it, why should I?

point taken