whose got the most miles

Old February 28th 05, 06:17 AM
fog-dog

Default whose got the most miles

225K, 97 xlt, 4wd, SOHC, it's gotta be working
Old February 28th 05, 05:42 PM
Ulysses

'92 EB with 270K. Original engine, second transmission, manual locking hubs
now. So far on the engine I replaced the intake, valve cover, timing chain,
and water pump gaskets. New timing gears and chain, water pump, and
starter. A/C leaks but the compressor still seems to be OK. Original
alternator but I'm going to replace it soon cause it can't possibly last
much longer. I think it still has the original shocks. Every time I think
about putting on new ones something more "essential" breaks and they get put
off again. Still looks presentable when cleaned and waxed but lately it's
been covered with mud most of the time.

'91 XLT with 195K. Original engine, second transmission, manual locking
hubs. New intake manifold and valve cover gaskets, alternator and starter.
Most of it works. The drivers side inside door handle broke which seems to
be a Ford trademark. Still looks pretty good cleaned up and still goes
through stuff I never expected it to when I bought it. It even has mud on
the top right now.

Old February 28th 05, 07:30 PM
Mike L

220k, '94 Limited
Original engine and trans, replaced alternator, trans modulator, A/C
condensor,A/C clutch, Front U-joints, tires, brakes, shocks
Cruise control doesn't work but I'm stuck in traffic so often it doesn't
matter to me.

Mike

Old February 28th 05, 11:39 PM
Paul Scrutton

243K 96 Sport. 2nd tranny. 1st engine.

Although it is technically not running due to clutch problems. Will have it
back on the road in a few weeks though I hope.

Need's an intake manifold re-torque for sure.

Paul

Old March 1st 05, 08:58 PM
Ulysses

BTW, what's first and second prize?

Old March 1st 05, 10:57 PM
fog-dog

Ulysses wrote:
> BTW, what's first and second prize?
>
> "fog-dog" > wrote in message
>
>>225K, 97 xlt, 4wd, SOHC, it's gotta be working

adulation
Old March 3rd 05, 10:05 PM
Muddler

!995 Explorer XLT 4x4 350,000 k
I just bought it used and cost 1600 to certify.
Was told 2nd tranny but everything including plug wires seems to be
original. So far all works ok.

Old March 4th 05, 06:56 PM
Ulysses

350K!!! Don't let Ford find out or they'll go re-engineer everything so it
won't last so long!

What do you mean "1600 to certify?" Is that $1600.00 or $16.00? What does
certify mean? I'm in California and if we have that here I don't know about
it.

How much did an Explorer with 350K miles cost?

lkaboutautos.com...

Old March 8th 05, 11:03 PM
Jonah

You might want to replace those wires, as well as any "original" belts,
hoses and other rubber parts. 10 years is a long time.

Old March 17th 05, 10:39 PM
Muddler

$1,600.00 to get a safety or road safe certificate. Replaced plugs (with
NGK platinums) and new wires. I had a problem with the interior lights but
all is solved now. So far everything else seems to be ok. Waiting for
spring to do more work on it. It is just to cold out there to do anything
right now. I suppose a nice heated shop would be the cure for that.