3.3 intermittant start problem

Old January 4th 05, 12:32 AM
ncs

Default 3.3 intermittant start problem

I've replaced the ASD and fuel pump (and ASD) relays and also the
coolant temperature sensor but the problem is still there. The van will
crank but not start, usually in the morning. I have to turn the ignition
completely off and then start it again. It usually starts then. Don't know
what else to check. Both the fuel rail and fuel pump were replaced this
summer. Although the problem began before I replaced both. (The rail was
leaking and I thought this might be causing the problem, but after replacing
the rail, the problem was still there)

Any other ideas are welcomed. Could it be the ECM ? Might have to take it
in and get it diagnosed, but was trying to trouble shoot it myself.

Thanks,
Nick

Old January 4th 05, 11:29 AM
damnnickname

what yr?

Old January 4th 05, 11:29 AM
damnnickname

what yr?

Old January 4th 05, 01:09 PM
ncs

Sorry, it's a 1993 3.3 Dodge Grand Caravan.

Nick

lkaboutautos.com...

Old January 4th 05, 01:09 PM
ncs

Old January 4th 05, 08:16 PM
maxpower

When you had the fuel pump replaced, did you replace the complete fuel pump
module with check valve and all or did you go after market and just get the
pump?

Old January 4th 05, 08:16 PM
maxpower

Old January 4th 05, 11:32 PM
ncs

It went out on the way home from vacation this summer in North Carolina.
Had it towed to a dealer and they replaced it along with the fuel filter and
some kit they said I needed that goes along with the pump.

Old January 4th 05, 11:32 PM
ncs

Old January 5th 05, 01:03 AM
maxpower

The kit was a wire harness for the pump since it was an updated part, It
could be an injector leaking down, but if that were the case you may get
hard start when hot also, Does that happen?, and have you connected a fuel
gauge to see if the fuel pressure bleeds off when the key is off