Low Tire Pressure Warning System

Old August 16th 06, 11:14 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected]

Default Low Tire Pressure Warning System

Hi,

I am looking for used low tire pressure sensors for my 96 corvette. I
call junk yards and they have no idea about them. I have called the
dealer and the prices are outrageous. Does anyone have any they are
trying to sell or know where one could find used sensors?

Thanks,
Colin

Old August 17th 06, 11:48 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ZÿRiX

check ebay

--
ZÿRiX
(¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

Old August 18th 06, 01:44 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Crabs[_1_]

wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for used low tire pressure sensors for my 96 corvette. I
> call junk yards and they have no idea about them. I have called the
> dealer and the prices are outrageous. Does anyone have any they are
> trying to sell or know where one could find used sensors?
>
> Thanks,
> Colin

Colin:

http://www.CorvetteCentral.com stocks a small selection, some are
discontinued and out of stock, check for availability. Prices are
probably in the same general area as the dealers ($200+ per wheel)
Check the 'Vette dismantlers, places like:
http://www.Vette2Vette.com
http://www.carolsauto.com/
http://www.corvettesalvage.com/

Here's a great site that's got lots of 'Vette links:
http://www.idavette.net/parts.htm

Also, post a parts wanted message on the Corvette Forum:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

All kidding aside, the LPTWS wheel sensors can and do break and become
detached inside the tire causing potentially catastrophic damage.
They have been known to self destruct at high speed and cause massive
tire/wheel imbalance leading to tire failure. At speed, a sudden wheel
imbalance and/or tire shredding can be fatal.
Removing the sensors causes the LPTWS light to light on the DIC, but the
bulb can be removed quite easily.
It's a nifty feature to be sure, but if you do any sport driving at all,
I highly recommend that you consider removal of the sensors completely.

Good luck!

TomC
'90ZR1 #792
Old August 18th 06, 04:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Crabs

Here you go!
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1475323

TomC
'90ZR1 #792

Crabs wrote:
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am looking for used low tire pressure sensors for my 96 corvette. I
> > call junk yards and they have no idea about them. I have called the
> > dealer and the prices are outrageous. Does anyone have any they are
> > trying to sell or know where one could find used sensors?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Colin
> >

> Colin:

http://www.CorvetteCentral.com stocks a small selection, some are
> discontinued and out of stock, check for availability. Prices are
> probably in the same general area as the dealers ($200+ per wheel)
> Check the 'Vette dismantlers, places like:
> http://www.Vette2Vette.com
> http://www.carolsauto.com/
> http://www.corvettesalvage.com/
>
> Here's a great site that's got lots of 'Vette links:
> http://www.idavette.net/parts.htm
>
> Also, post a parts wanted message on the Corvette Forum:
> http://forums.corvetteforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55
>
> All kidding aside, the LPTWS wheel sensors can and do break and become
> detached inside the tire causing potentially catastrophic damage.
> They have been known to self destruct at high speed and cause massive
> tire/wheel imbalance leading to tire failure. At speed, a sudden wheel
> imbalance and/or tire shredding can be fatal.
> Removing the sensors causes the LPTWS light to light on the DIC, but the
> bulb can be removed quite easily.
> It's a nifty feature to be sure, but if you do any sport driving at all,
> I highly recommend that you consider removal of the sensors completely.
>
> Good luck!
>
> TomC
> '90ZR1 #792

Relieving Fuel System Pressure Ford Ranger Nehmo Technology 6 April 23rd 06 07:23 PM
Tire Pressure Monitor Luke Technology 58 September 2nd 05 06:47 AM
YOU CAN'T DRIVE TOO SLOW Laura Bush murdered her boy friend Driving 93 April 21st 05 10:34 AM
Run Flat tire question H and A Corvette 36 January 16th 05 02:56 PM
Proper tire pressure for Firestone Indy 500 FireHawk - 74 Vette - Can anyone read? Tom in Missouri Corvette 0 August 10th 04 05:30 PM