NP 208 T-case in 87 Suburban

Old June 4th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Default NP 208 T-case in 87 Suburban

Got a weird issue. Driving one day and all is fine. Stopped at a stoplight.
When it turned green, I hit the gas and nothing happened. Tried all gears
(auto trans) and nothing. Put it in park and rolled down the hill. Towed
the truck about 5 miles. Tried it after the tow and it works fine. So I
began driving home and the same thing happened again. This time, I moved the
4x4 selector to 4 HI, nothing happened. Moved it to the 4 LO position and
the truck began to move. Put the selector lever back into 2 HI and drove
home without a problem. What the hell is going on???? Is the planetary set
in the T-case somehow shifting away from the trans output? Any ideas?????
Old June 5th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 19:39:07 GMT, "bigbadhog" <u22660@uwe> wrote:

>Got a weird issue. Driving one day and all is fine. Stopped at a stoplight.
>When it turned green, I hit the gas and nothing happened. Tried all gears
>(auto trans) and nothing. Put it in park and rolled down the hill. Towed
>the truck about 5 miles. Tried it after the tow and it works fine. So I
>began driving home and the same thing happened again. This time, I moved the
>4x4 selector to 4 HI, nothing happened. Moved it to the 4 LO position and
>the truck began to move. Put the selector lever back into 2 HI and drove
>home without a problem. What the hell is going on???? Is the planetary set
>in the T-case somehow shifting away from the trans output? Any ideas?????

Check linkages to make sure 2wd is fully engaging. It may also be the
popit ball that holds shifter rail internal in dentent that engage
rear output in drive drive is work out.
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com