things are stirring for lfs s2 users

Old April 15th 06, 09:07 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default things are stirring for lfs s2 users

http://www.liveforspeed.net/

updated each day with new patch details, looking like some significant
improvements for lfs,should be coming soon.
Tango
Old April 15th 06, 09:38 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> updated each day with new patch details, looking like some significant
> improvements for lfs,should be coming soon.

I'm really looking forward to the improvment in tire physics. I've
pretty much given up on LFS while waiting for this improvement. Based
on the patch details, it should be much better. The current release
was called alpha and for good reason.

One concern is that as all racing sims improve, what will be the
distinguishing factors for future games. With only a crew of 3
programmers, and based on the current pace, I figure that the final
release of LFS (S3) will happen in 2008 or 2009. Wondering what
the competition will be like by then?

Old April 15th 06, 11:30 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Jeff Reid" wrote...
>> <snip>

> I'm really looking forward to the improvment in tire physics.
> I've pretty much given up on LFS while waiting for this
> improvement. Based on the patch details, it should be much
> better.

The game is far too good to give up on, IMO, but I've also refrained from
putting any serious effort into it as being competitive automatically meant
using exploits. I have to say I've really got my hopes up for this patch
too.

> One concern is that as all racing sims improve, what will
> be the distinguishing factors for future games. With only
> a crew of 3 programmers, and based on the current pace,
> I figure that the final release of LFS (S3) will happen in
> 2008 or 2009. Wondering what the competition will be
> like by then?

Non-existant, the way it's looking, since there's no major player doing
racing simulations anymore(*). ;-(

Jan.
=---
(*): as in size of corporation as opposed to reputation, of course.

Old April 15th 06, 01:19 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Jeff Reid" > wrote in

>> updated each day with new patch details, looking like some
>> significant improvements for lfs,should be coming soon.

> I'm really looking forward to the improvment in tire physics. I've
> pretty much given up on LFS while waiting for this improvement. Based
> on the patch details, it should be much better. The current release
> was called alpha and for good reason.
>
> One concern is that as all racing sims improve, what will be the
> distinguishing factors for future games. With only a crew of 3
> programmers, and based on the current pace, I figure that the final
> release of LFS (S3) will happen in 2008 or 2009. Wondering what
> the competition will be like by then?

i know things have been slow with lfs development but scawen has just
become a father so he has a valid excuse ! thats the price you pay for a
small development team. Tango

Old April 15th 06, 02:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> Non-existant, the way it's looking, since there's no major player doing racing simulations anymore(*). ;-(

GTR2 is in the works. Maybe Simbin will keep making games.

Old April 16th 06, 06:54 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>"Jeff Reid" > wrote
> GTR2 is in the works. Maybe Simbin will keep making games.

That's a very minor player of the Industry.

Old April 17th 06, 03:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Tango > wrote in
. 10:

holy cow.....

http://www.liveforspeed.net/wtf.html

wtf indeed !
Tango
Old April 17th 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Tango" wrote...
> <snip>
> holy cow.....
>
> http://www.liveforspeed.net/wtf.html
>
> wtf indeed !

And I thought the FO8 was a handfull... eeek!!

I wonder whether we're getting adjustable traction control, engine mapping
and so forth?

Jan.
=---

Old April 18th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Tango > wrote in
. 10:

> Tango > wrote in
> . 10:
>
> holy cow.....
>
> http://www.liveforspeed.net/wtf.html
>
> wtf indeed !
> Tango

confirmed...
http://www.liveforspeed.net/countdown/

Tango
Old April 21st 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Tango" wrote...
> <snip>

Oh my god.... they've fixed LFS!!

I'm known not to mince my words around here, so I'll live up to my
reputation.

As of now LFS is, overall, the best sim..

And the Sauber is a hoot to drive, BTW. <g>

Jan.
=---