American vs German Quality

Old November 30th 04, 09:07 PM
Percival P. Cassidy

Perhaps it's not only American vs. *German*, and perhaps not only very
recently. Several years back I met a guy from Ford Australia who told me
that they had shipped some Fairlanes (Ford Australia kept reusing that
name even when the car bore no resemblance to any US-built Fairlane and
when the name had long fallen out of use in the US) to Sweden, and the
locals had pronounced them far superior to Volvos.

Perce

On 11/30/04 03:41 pm A.Muewi tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Old November 30th 04, 09:07 PM
Percival P. Cassidy

Old November 30th 04, 10:03 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

Don't quite get it. Sustantial complaints about problems and dealers as
well as plaudits.

DAS
---

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
n.umich.edu...
[...]
> Take a look here at Peter Wendt's page:
>
> http://members.aol.com/peterwendt/usautogw.htm

..

Old November 30th 04, 10:03 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

Old November 30th 04, 10:05 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

The way the dollar is sailing down the Sebring Convertible will make a very
cheap replacement for my CLK Cab....they just need to modernise the folding
roof design...

DAS
---

"A.Muewi" > wrote in message
> Hi everybody,

[...]

Old November 30th 04, 10:05 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

"A.Muewi" > wrote in message
> Hi everybody,

[...]

Old November 30th 04, 10:30 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

> Perhaps it's not only American vs. *German*, and perhaps not only very
> recently. Several years back I met a guy from Ford Australia who told me
> that they had shipped some Fairlanes (Ford Australia kept reusing that
> name even when the car bore no resemblance to any US-built Fairlane and
> when the name had long fallen out of use in the US) to Sweden, and the
> locals had pronounced them far superior to Volvos.

The Australian Ford line contains numerous world-class vehicles, including
a full range of up-to-date RWD passenger cars and utes with vastly better
performance, economy, ergonomics, emissions and safety than anything Ford
sells in the rest of the world. Australia gets a RWD Falcon with 4-litre
inline Six (normally aspirated, turbo or supercharged), thoroughly modern
in all respects. North America gets the Five Hundred, a warmed-over
Taurus.

There ain't no justice.
Old November 30th 04, 10:30 PM
Daniel J. Stern

Old November 30th 04, 10:59 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

> Don't quite get it.

Surprise, surprise, surprise...Dori doesn't get it.

Old November 30th 04, 10:59 PM
Daniel J. Stern

American cars Dave Antique cars 6 February 13th 05 04:27 PM
Driving lessons in American schools John Rowland Driving 62 December 23rd 04 12:33 AM
German F-1 Calendar Anna Lisa BMW 0 November 25th 04 07:05 AM
Where to find list of 1930's American Automobile Manufacturers [email protected] Antique cars 4 November 1st 03 06:44 AM