Brera, says it all.

Old July 6th 05, 08:57 PM
Paul Woodsford

Default Brera, says it all.

Alfa Romeo

If you want to be a petrol-head you really need to have owned an Alfa Romeo
at some point in your life. The problem with them is that they do break down
a bit. But who cares, they are magnificent cars - take the Brera for
example - what a lovely-looking car. In fact it's the automotive equivalent
of Sienna Miller holding a 24 pack of beer while wearing only a smile.
Anyway, it's out next year, and anyone who has £25,000 to spend on a car,
and doesn't buy one needs their head examining. And you can always buy a
bike as well to use when the car goes wrong.

Courtesy of BBC's Top Gear

Old July 7th 05, 02:26 PM
Synapse Syndrome

"Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford@NO SPAMvirgin.net> wrote in message
> Alfa Romeo
>
> If you want to be a petrol-head you really need to have owned an Alfa
> Romeo at some point in your life. The problem with them is that they do
> break down a bit. But who cares, they are magnificent cars - take the
> Brera for example - what a lovely-looking car. In fact it's the automotive
> equivalent of Sienna Miller holding a 24 pack of beer while wearing only a
> smile. Anyway, it's out next year, and anyone who has £25,000 to spend on
> a car, and doesn't buy one needs their head examining. And you can always
> buy a bike as well to use when the car goes wrong.
>
> Courtesy of BBC's Top Gear

£25,000? Wow, that's cheap. It must obviously be quite simplified compared
to the prototype.

ss.

Old July 7th 05, 07:48 PM
George Graves

In article >,
"Synapse Syndrome" > wrote:

> "Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford@NO SPAMvirgin.net> wrote in message
> > Alfa Romeo
> >
> > If you want to be a petrol-head you really need to have owned an Alfa
> > Romeo at some point in your life. The problem with them is that they do
> > break down a bit. But who cares, they are magnificent cars - take the
> > Brera for example - what a lovely-looking car. In fact it's the automotive
> > equivalent of Sienna Miller holding a 24 pack of beer while wearing only a
> > smile. Anyway, it's out next year, and anyone who has £25,000 to spend on
> > a car, and doesn't buy one needs their head examining. And you can always
> > buy a bike as well to use when the car goes wrong.
> >
> > Courtesy of BBC's Top Gear
> >

> £25,000? Wow, that's cheap. It must obviously be quite simplified compared
> to the prototype.
>
> ss.

Almost US$50,000 might be cheap in GB, but it sure ain't cheap here in
the States.

The production Brera has little in common with the show car. The
prototype or show car had a longitudinally mounted 400 BHP V-8 and
rear-wheel drive, the production car has a laterally mounted 260 BHP V-6
and is front-wheel or optionally, all-wheel drive. The prototype has a
long, sleek bonnet, the production car has a shorter, stubbier bonnet.
The prototype had Lamborghini-style "scissors" doors, the production car
has normal doors. The prototype is drop-dead gorgeous, the production
car is merely handsome. Frankly, I think the production car looks a lot
more like the current Alfa GT than it looks like the Giugiaro show car
Brera prototype.

--
George Graves

Old July 19th 05, 11:42 PM
Richard

quite agree George - disappointed of Warwick

"

Brera [email protected] Alfa Romeo 2 July 2nd 05 10:02 PM
Brera and 159 at Goodwood ninja Alfa Romeo 2 June 28th 05 10:52 AM
Alfa Brera officila images Syd Barrett Alfa Romeo 9 February 4th 05 07:06 PM
Brera Graham Taylor Alfa Romeo 2 November 5th 04 12:07 AM