water leak under drivers seat in 1999 vw passat estate

Old July 6th 05, 10:35 PM
richardbrooks

Default water leak under drivers seat in 1999 vw passat estate

has any one any suggestions for tracing where water is getting into my 1999
passat estate.
It is only in the rear passenger footwell behind drivers seat but is very
wet to the extent of puddling even when car is stationary in rain.
There is no sun roof.
I have checked drains in engine compartment and lical VW garage have (
erroneously I believe) taped up rear door speakers which they claimed was
source. Although water is still collecting in footwell.
Help

Old July 6th 05, 10:57 PM
remco

"richardbrooks" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> has any one any suggestions for tracing where water is getting into my

1999
> passat estate.
> It is only in the rear passenger footwell behind drivers seat but is very
> wet to the extent of puddling even when car is stationary in rain.
> There is no sun roof.
> I have checked drains in engine compartment and lical VW garage have (
> erroneously I believe) taped up rear door speakers which they claimed was
> source. Although water is still collecting in footwell.
> Help

Try rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled -- this is the aircooled group. We laugh
at having water on our floors...
(after which we replace the floor pans)

Old July 7th 05, 08:29 AM
Kevin Holzer

remco wrote:
> We laugh at having water on our floors...

Or having water in our engines...