Replacing brake light switch on 2000 Beetle?

Old March 15th 05, 10:11 AM

Default Replacing brake light switch on 2000 Beetle?

How do you replace brake light switch on 2000 beetle. Is it hard to do?

Old March 15th 05, 12:57 PM
Woodchuck

Before you do anything, call your dealer and ask if the WX campaign is open.
If it is you get a free brake switch.

Old March 15th 05, 03:22 PM
Rex B

Woodchuck wrote:
> Before you do anything, call your dealer and ask if the WX campaign is open.
> If it is you get a free brake switch.
>
> > wrote in message
>
>>How do you replace brake light switch on 2000 beetle. Is it hard to do?

What is the WX campaign?
I also have a 2000 Beetle

--
- -
Rex Burkheimer
Old March 15th 05, 03:41 PM
Matt B.

"Rex B" > wrote in message
> What is the WX campaign?
> I also have a 2000 Beetle

Recall on NBs and Jettas (and probably Golfs) to have the brake light switch
replaced. Happened to my co-worker's Jetta.

Old March 16th 05, 12:21 AM

I have already had one replaced with recall. It a long story but VWA
will not pay for a new one and $100 is too much to replace a simple
switch.

Old March 16th 05, 05:44 AM

You buy a new one at the dealer for $18. You take the cover off so you
can see the switch. Untwist old one. Disconnect wire plug. Install
wire plug on new switch. Twist on new switch. Replace cover. Replace
the burned out bulbs in back. It takes about 20 minutes if you know
what you are doing. 10 minutes if all you are doing is replacing the
switch.

The switch has an adjustable plunger. Pull it the whole way out or at
least match the length of the old one. It will set itself to the
correct length when you stick it in. It gets locked to the correct
length when you twist the switch in. The locking is internal.

wrote:

>I have already had one replaced with recall. It a long story but VWA
>will not pay for a new one and $100 is too much to replace a simple
>switch.

Jim B.