unequale acceleration at starting (civic cx 1999)

Old April 3rd 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default unequale acceleration at starting (civic cx 1999)

Dear Honda experts,

I have a honda civic cx 1999 hatchback and when the engine is cold
(first 5 kilometers) I sometime have a very strange problem. It's like
if the engine is not answering when I accelerate. Here is an example:
I start the car (everything is fine). I push the pedal once, the
engine answer promptly and I push it more, now nothing happen like if I
didn't push the pedal, but I keep the pedal push and after 2-3 sec I
got the acceleration. It will happen 1-3 times and after the car work
fine.

Any idea of what is the problem?

Thank you very much

Old April 3rd 06, 04:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

You might have a dirty throttle body which is easily cleaned. Inside
the tb is a butterfly which starts to bind when deposits build up. It's
a Honda tsb.(technical service bulletin)

Old April 3rd 06, 06:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Eric Paquet wrote:

> Dear Honda experts,
>
> I have a honda civic cx 1999 hatchback and when the engine is cold
> (first 5 kilometers) I sometime have a very strange problem. It's like
> if the engine is not answering when I accelerate. Here is an example:
> I start the car (everything is fine). I push the pedal once, the
> engine answer promptly and I push it more, now nothing happen like if I
> didn't push the pedal, but I keep the pedal push and after 2-3 sec I
> got the acceleration. It will happen 1-3 times and after the car work
> fine.
>
> Any idea of what is the problem?
>
> Thank you very much

-------------------------------

Timing belt is out one tooth, or you need a can of injector cleaner, (a
dirty throttle body) as was said . I think it's #1.

'Curly'
Old April 4th 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Eric Paquet wrote:
> Dear Honda experts,
>
> I have a honda civic cx 1999 hatchback and when the engine is cold
> (first 5 kilometers) I sometime have a very strange problem. It's like
> if the engine is not answering when I accelerate. Here is an example:
> I start the car (everything is fine). I push the pedal once, the
> engine answer promptly and I push it more, now nothing happen like if I
> didn't push the pedal, but I keep the pedal push and after 2-3 sec I
> got the acceleration. It will happen 1-3 times and after the car work
> fine.
>
> Any idea of what is the problem?

any "check engine light"?

hows the air filter?
Old April 4th 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Thank very much you for your help.

I think I will try to clean the throttle body since I changed my timing
belt last year and my air filter is brand new.

I will let you know if it works

Thank you again

OEM Honda parts catalogs for sale Joe Honda 0 February 21st 06 12:44 AM
Civic Hybrid starting dxmah Honda 3 March 17th 05 07:26 PM
1997 Honda Civic DX Starting Problems Bubbabee Honda 9 February 9th 05 01:42 AM
1999 Intrepid starting problem WKJ Dodge 2 June 14th 04 07:42 PM