another state stops drunk driving by going into the bars.

Old March 29th 06, 05:57 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default another state stops drunk driving by going into the bars.

"Brent P" > wrote in message
> The goal, she said, was to detain drunks before they leave a bar and go
> do something dangerous like drive a car.

Then why do bars have parking lots ??

Seriously, The goal of the sting was to legitimize the existance of the task
force because they faced elimination if they did not take any action. Anyone
from texas can confirm this...

Furthermore, as in Virginia, they are preventing public intoxication. And
since a bar is a public place, would it be public urination to use the
restroom ?? All of this seems silly anyway, why says I can't have three
drinks in an hour and then have a cab take me home ?

Fred

Old March 29th 06, 06:14 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >, fclaugus wrote:

> Furthermore, as in Virginia, they are preventing public intoxication. And
> since a bar is a public place, would it be public urination to use the
> restroom ?? All of this seems silly anyway, why says I can't have three
> drinks in an hour and then have a cab take me home ?

One can also stay at the bar until the body has processed the alcohol as
well. And as someone mentioned before some bars have a hotel attached.
Not to mention walking home.

Old March 29th 06, 07:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Brent P" > wrote in message
> In article >, fclaugus wrote:
>
> > Furthermore, as in Virginia, they are preventing public intoxication.

And
> > since a bar is a public place, would it be public urination to use the
> > restroom ?? All of this seems silly anyway, why says I can't have three
> > drinks in an hour and then have a cab take me home ?

> One can also stay at the bar until the body has processed the alcohol as
> well. And as someone mentioned before some bars have a hotel attached.
> Not to mention walking home.

You can't walk home, you'll hurt yourself! Big brother won't let that
happen.... He also doesn't take kindly to liver damage...