1996 Saturn SC-2 problem

Old September 12th 05, 04:13 AM
sagewillow

Default 1996 Saturn SC-2 problem

I just bought a 96 saturn sc2. We have replaced the engine, all the hoses,
fuel filter, air filter, etc. but it keeps dieing on me when i stop at
stop lights or back up and go forward. it stalls four times before i can
get out of my parking space. it does fine on the highway but in town it
stalls all the time, but we cant figure out what is causing this problem.
Does anyone else have any ideas.

Old September 12th 05, 12:44 PM
Bob Shuman

Clean the throttle body with TB cleaner. Make sure the throttle body where
it contacts the butterfly choke plate is completely clean.

Bob

lkaboutautos.com...

Old September 13th 05, 01:27 PM
sagewillow

that was one of the things we did when we had everything apart. I noticed
yesterday while driving the car to class that as long as i dont apply the
brakes all the way the car does not stall as much but if i come to a
complete stop at a stop light or coming off the highway at a stop light or
as i pull into my parking space the car instantly stalls.

Old September 15th 05, 10:18 PM
Jimbo Jones

Maybe a lock up torque converter not disengaging...???
Any comments....???

Old October 13th 05, 09:32 PM
had2be

hi. i have a 93 saturn sc. i had a simalar problem it was the egr valve and
oxygen sensor.

Old October 14th 05, 11:23 AM

I had a similar problem with a 93 pontiac.. would just happen when I
wouldapply the brakes.. thought it might be a short or something with
the brake... turned out to be BAD contact on the positive battery
cable.. took it off and wire brushed it and everything was fine since..