Even Toyota says none of the "Big 3" must be allowed to fail

Old December 16th 08, 07:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

Default Even Toyota says none of the "Big 3" must be allowed to fail

A Toyota spokesperson says that if any one of the "Big 3" were to fail
this would be disastrous for the whole auto industry and for the economy
as a whole.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/12/15/news...ion=2008121517

Perce
Old December 16th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
> A Toyota spokesperson says that if any one of the "Big 3" were to fail
> this would be disastrous for the whole auto industry and for the economy
> as a whole.
>
> http://money.cnn.com/2008/12/15/news...ion=2008121517
>

> Perce

A rather good news article from last week pointed out that ALL of the
manufacturers that build cars in North America use the same suppliers
for everything from alternators and AC compressors (Nippondenso, Sanden)
to brake pedals, door handles, HVAC diffusers, miscellaneous bearings,
fasteners, and steering wheels. If any one of the big 3 fails, it will
likely take down many of those smaller suppliers as well, and at least
temporarily halt all north American car building. That hurts Toyota too.

Old December 18th 08, 09:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
who

In article >,
Steve > wrote:

> A rather good news article from last week pointed out that ALL of the
> manufacturers that build cars in North America use the same suppliers
> for everything from alternators and AC compressors (Nippondenso, Sanden)
> to brake pedals, door handles, HVAC diffusers, miscellaneous bearings,
> fasteners, and steering wheels. If any one of the big 3 fails, it will
> likely take down many of those smaller suppliers as well, and at least
> temporarily halt all north American car building. That hurts Toyota too.

It would be a temporary problem, but I feel a Chapter 11 is needed for
the Big 3 to get rid of some ridiculousness in the UAW contracts.
The Big 3 can't be successful with the UAW contracts as they are.