GMC 1500 Suburban 4x4 mystery problem

Old June 6th 04, 11:12 PM
Mikal Fisher

Default GMC 1500 Suburban 4x4 mystery problem

My 1999 Sub has been a great ride and until recently never let me down.
Here's the problem. After about 2 hours on the highway, the engine shuts
off. I can get it started again, but it will misfire and then shut off
again. If I let it sit for an hour or so, its good for another 2 hours
before it does the same thing again.

The symptoms remind me of a truck I had once that suffered from a ba
coil, but I don't even know if this engine has a coil' I can't find one
on this engine. Any suggestions? Thanks!!!!

Old June 7th 04, 04:35 AM
Chris D

i had a similar problem onmy 87 gmc pic up did the same thing .. i
thought it was the electronic control mod. i replaced it ...was alrite 4
awhile started it agin ...turns out it was the pic up coil in the
distributor getting hot n breaking down ....i did a complete rebuld on
distrubtor ..took care of my prob....i replaced everthing ..pic up
coil,modual, vac adv. was good , cap rotor ,coil,& wires too....jst my
2=A2

Old June 7th 04, 01:44 PM
Mikal Fisher

Thanks, Chris, I'm going to check your idea out

Old June 7th 04, 01:44 PM
Mikal Fisher

Thanks, Chris, I'm going to check your idea out