Power seat track on 300M

Old April 21st 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Power seat track on 300M

How much trouble is it to change out the seat track assembly on the 2001 model? The seat is equipped with side air bag so we don't want to change out the whole driver's seat. Can we buy a track assembly from the junkyard with the power seat motor and bolt onto our present seat without a big deal??? I can see the seat track is bolted to the floor with four bolts but how is the upholstered seat attached to the track assembly?
Old April 21st 06, 11:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Bunky Monk wrote:

> How much trouble is it to change out the seat track assembly on the
> 2001 model? The seat is equipped with side air bag so we don't want to
> change out the whole driver's seat. Can we buy a track assembly from
> the junkyard with the power seat motor and bolt onto our present seat
> without a big deal??? I can see the seat track is bolted to the floor
> with four bolts but how is the upholstered seat attached to the track
> assembly?

I've not been into the seat mechanism of the LH car, but perhaps the
following info. from a recliner seat bolt recall TSB will help you:

RECALL:
Recall 03V035000: Seat Back Recliner Bolt Breakage
DEFECT: Seat back recliner bolt breakage can occur on certain passenger
vehicles, resulting in the seat back reclining unexpectedly. If the seat
back unexpectedly reclines while the car is being driven, it could
result in loss of vehicle control.
REMEDY: Dealers will replace the recliner bolts. The manufacturer has
reported that owner notification is expected to begin during April 2003.
Owners may contact DaimlerChrysler at
1-800-853-1403.

TSB:
Power Seat - Moves Fore and Aft Slightly When Driving
NUMBER: 23-019-01
GROUP: Body
DATE: Aug. 10, 2001
SUBJECT:
Power Seat Adjuster Loose Fore/Aft
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves installing revised power seat adjuster drive
block screws.
MODELS:
1998 - 2001 (LH) LHS/300M/Concorde/Intrepid
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Seat has slight fore/aft movement most noticeable during acceleration or
braking.
DIAGNOSIS:
If the vehicle operator describes the Symptom/Condition, perform the
Repair Procedure.
PARTS REQUIRED:
EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
REPAIR PROCEDU
THIS REPAIR IS COMPATIBLE WITH DAIMLERCHRYSLER'S MOBILE SERVICE PROGRAM
AND DOES NOT REQUIRE HOISTS OR OTHER FULL SERVICE FACILITY SPECIAL
EQUIPMENT.
1. Open the hood and disconnect the negative battery cable remote
terminal located on the right strut tower. Wait two minutes to allow the
air bag system capacitor to discharge before continuing.
2. Remove the four (4) bolts attaching seat to floor.
3. Disconnect seat wiring harness connector(s) from body wiring harness
and secure harness to adjuster (use a rubber band or tie strap) to
prevent damage during disassembly and re-assembly.
NOTE :PLACE A FENDER COVER OR SIMILAR PROTECTION OVER THE DOOR SILL TO
PREVENT DAMAGING THE SILL TRIM WHEN REMOVING THE SEAT FROM THE VEHICLE.
4. Remove the complete seat assembly from vehicle and place on clean
work surface.
5. Remove the drive block screws from both of the lower track assemblies
with a T-50 Torx bit and discard the screws (Fig. 1).
6. Install revised drive block screws, p/n 05080982AA, into both drive
blocks and finger tighten.
NOTE :PLACE FINGER THROUGH THE RECTANGULAR HOLE IN THE UPPER TRACK TO
HOLD THE DRIVE BLOCK IN PLACE WHILE TIGHTENING THE SCREWS.
7. Torque the revised drive block screws to 36-38 Nm (315-335 in. lbs.).
8. Install the seat assembly into the vehicle and connect the wire
harness connector(s).
9. Adjust seat to the full rear position and install two (2) front
attaching bolts, torque the bolts to 70 Nm (620 in. lbs.).
10. If bench seat equipped, position the seat belt attachment bracket
over the rear inboard mounting foot.
11. Install the two (2) rear attaching bolts, torque the bolts to 70 Nm
(620 in. lbs.).
12. If the vehicle is Side Air Bag (SAB) equipped, connect a DRBIII(R)
to the data link connector located at the lower edge of the instrument
panel on the left side of the steering column.
13. Turn the ignition key to the ON position and exit the vehicle with
the DRBIII(R).
14. Connect the negative battery cable remote terminal.
15. Use the DRBIII(R) to erase all air bag Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs).
16. If DTC(s) will not erase, refer to the proper Body Diagnostic
Procedures Manual to diagnose the remaining DTC(s).
17. Sit in the seat and cycle the seat through all positions.
18. Set the clock to the correct time.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old April 23rd 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

> RECALL:
> Recall 03V035000: Seat Back Recliner Bolt Breakage

Is this the recall where many owners were reporting being taken to the
cleaners for charges for broken seat drive parts when the recall was done ?

Remember some one saying they forked over $500 for seat parts that were not
broken when the car was brought in for the recall work

Old April 23rd 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

I had the recall done and it cost zero.