Sigh... the end of an Alfa Romeo episode

Old October 4th 04, 07:42 PM
Roel van der Made

Default Sigh... the end of an Alfa Romeo episode

Hi all,

This morning I delivered my lease-car back to the company after 4 years
and 80k kms of grinning. My new employee does not supply me a lease car so
this episode has ended for me.. for now... :/

I will buy me a Volvo 850 2.5 20V for lots of space and some pk's for now..

Ah well.. I will be back, some time! :-)

Cheerz

Roel.

Old October 4th 04, 07:57 PM
Alfistagj

Sorry to hear that.
How about a nice 166 from www.milano.nl of www.alfavedo.nl
Mostly ex-lease cars (so full maintenance) and cheap!
And an Alfa in stead of a cartruck!!
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"Roel van der Made" > schreef in bericht
news

Old October 4th 04, 08:16 PM
Tony Rickard

"Roel van der Made" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This morning I delivered my lease-car back to the company after 4 years
> and 80k kms of grinning. My new employee does not supply me a lease car so
> this episode has ended for me.. for now... :/
>
> I will buy me a Volvo 850 2.5 20V for lots of space and some pk's for
> now..
>
> Ah well.. I will be back, some time! :-)

Out of curiosity what is stopping you buying an Alfa?

Old October 4th 04, 08:20 PM
Roel van der Made

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:57:36 +0200, Alfistagj wrote:

> Sorry to hear that.
> How about a nice 166 from www.milano.nl of www.alfavedo.nl
> Mostly ex-lease cars (so full maintenance) and cheap!
> And an Alfa in stead of a cartruck!!

Too small.... ever sat in the back of an 166 ? It's the same
or even smaller then the 156. Let's not start on the trunk even..

I have to be practical at the moment, 2nd kid on it's way.. I'm targetting
on getting the next alfa as a second car :-)

R.

Old October 4th 04, 08:32 PM
Roel van der Made

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 19:16:25 +0000, Tony Rickard wrote:

> "Roel van der Made" wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This morning I delivered my lease-car back to the company after 4 years
>> and 80k kms of grinning. My new employee does not supply me a lease car so
>> this episode has ended for me.. for now... :/
>>
>> I will buy me a Volvo 850 2.5 20V for lots of space and some pk's for
>> now..
>>
>> Ah well.. I will be back, some time! :-)

> Out of curiosity what is stopping you buying an Alfa?

Space and budget :-)

R.
Old October 4th 04, 09:43 PM
Alfistagj

Roel,
I can't beat "realism"!!
Anyway, I hope the second kid will be a healthy one and that the second Alfa
will be there soon.

Old October 4th 04, 10:43 PM
Tony Rickard

"Roel van der Made" wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:57:36 +0200, Alfistagj wrote:
>
>> Sorry to hear that.
>> How about a nice 166 from www.milano.nl of www.alfavedo.nl
>> Mostly ex-lease cars (so full maintenance) and cheap!
>> And an Alfa in stead of a cartruck!!

> Too small.... ever sat in the back of an 166 ? It's the same
> or even smaller then the 156. Let's not start on the trunk even..

Blah! My craziest year car wise was a Mini Cooper as the only car with two
young kids. In fairness it was probably the only time to do it with kids
(past the pram & puschair stage, before long enough legs to care). Cured the
wife of her desire to relive her Mini days

My biggest mistake was a VW Sharan as a family car - Alfa 33 as the second
car Nothing wrong with the VW but with teenage kids I probably did more
local miles than the taxis!

Going from a Sharan to a 156 has meant less taxi rides, less trips to Ikea
and all the upsides of a sports saloon. Its just win win

Cheers
Tony

Old October 5th 04, 04:11 PM
be037446

You must have very big kids if you think they don't fit in the back of
an alfa166 or ... your eyesight is going backwards.

A Volvo 850 is certainly not bigger in the back. Believe me because I
owned one.

Regards.

Old October 5th 04, 04:18 PM
Tom Boltwood

> From: be037446 >
> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 17:11:48 +0200
> Subject: Sigh... the end of an Alfa Romeo episode
>
> You must have very big kids if you think they don't fit in the back of
> an alfa166 or ... your eyesight is going backwards.
>
> A Volvo 850 is certainly not bigger in the back. Believe me because I
> owned one.
>
> Regards.

And if it's a similar size to the 164, which I imagine it must be, the boot
is pretty cavernous too.

Old October 5th 04, 05:00 PM
be037446

Tom Boltwood wrote:

>>From: be037446 >
>>Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
>>Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 17:11:48 +0200
>>Subject: Sigh... the end of an Alfa Romeo episode
>>
>>You must have very big kids if you think they don't fit in the back of
>>an alfa166 or ... your eyesight is going backwards.
>>
>>A Volvo 850 is certainly not bigger in the back. Believe me because I
>>owned one.
>>
>>Regards.
>>

> And if it's a similar size to the 164, which I imagine it must be, the boot
> is pretty cavernous too.

It's indeed similar. A bit deeper but I believe the 164's boot was a bit
higher. Anyway, spacious enough for 3 adults and 2 kids to leave on
holiday to Spain or Italy for 5 to 6.000 km. Power is no problem and
consumption (diesels) is very reasonable.

Alfa Romeo, Sidlow lee Alfa Romeo 2 August 26th 04 03:30 PM
alfa gt vs alfa 147 suspension Pete Alfa Romeo 1 July 17th 04 08:09 PM
Alfa Romeo @ Virgin Cars Mitch bryson Alfa Romeo 8 July 1st 04 09:51 AM
[FS] Black Alfa Romeo 147 1.6TS Lusso 5 doors - 2003(03) - 9000 miles Peter Alfa Romeo 5 June 5th 04 09:56 AM
Alfa Romeo meeting in Kraków Marek M. Alfa Romeo 0 May 7th 04 08:32 PM