alarm setting without key

Old October 2nd 04, 08:12 PM
NC

Default alarm setting without key

All,
I have a 1999(T) 156 1.8TS.
According to the manual, if I exit the car, lock the door with the key
(using the lock, not the remote button), the alarm should arm in 30secs
(if I remember correctly). However, this does not happen - any ideas why
not ? The reason I ask is that, of the 2 red keys I got when I bought
the car, one of them no longer works (remote button on the pcb has come
off). Therefore, if the other goes I'll be relying on the above
mechanism for the alarm to set - but it doesn't.
Also, it means I have to share a key with the wife, rather than each
carrying one - otherwise on of us wont be able to use the alarm.
Old October 2nd 04, 08:31 PM
Pete

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 19:12:30 GMT, NC >, wrote:

>I have a 1999(T) 156 1.8TS.
>According to the manual, if I exit the car, lock the door with the key
>(using the lock, not the remote button), the alarm should arm in 30secs
>(if I remember correctly). However, this does not happen

Turn the key to lock the door, holding the key in the locked position for
30 sec, and then it should bleep at you. I assume this is what you mean and
fails to work. If so, summing brocked mate :-)

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso (his)
147 2.0 TS (2002) - Gem Green (her's)
Old October 4th 04, 02:21 PM
NC

Pete wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 19:12:30 GMT, NC >, wrote:
>

>>I have a 1999(T) 156 1.8TS.
>>According to the manual, if I exit the car, lock the door with the key
>>(using the lock, not the remote button), the alarm should arm in 30secs
>>(if I remember correctly). However, this does not happen

> Turn the key to lock the door, holding the key in the locked position for
> 30 sec, and then it should bleep at you. I assume this is what you mean and
> fails to work. If so, summing brocked mate :-)
>
> Pete

ah, I thought I could lock it, take the key out straight away and it
would then arm 30secs later ! Oops, will try the 'proper' way later...!
Thanks.
Old October 4th 04, 07:50 PM
NC

NC wrote:
> Pete wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 19:12:30 GMT, NC >, wrote:
>>

>>> I have a 1999(T) 156 1.8TS.
>>> According to the manual, if I exit the car, lock the door with the
>>> key (using the lock, not the remote button), the alarm should arm in
>>> 30secs (if I remember correctly). However, this does not happen

>> Turn the key to lock the door, holding the key in the locked position for
>> 30 sec, and then it should bleep at you. I assume this is what you
>> mean and
>> fails to work. If so, summing brocked mate :-)
>>
>> Pete

> ah, I thought I could lock it, take the key out straight away and it
> would then arm 30secs later ! Oops, will try the 'proper' way later...!
> Thanks.

tried this, and it doesn't work ! Can anyone else help with any
suggestions, or is the lock / key / alarm knockered ?
Old October 7th 04, 12:52 PM
Pete

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 18:50:41 GMT, NC >, wrote:

>NC wrote:
>> Pete wrote:

>>> Turn the key to lock the door, holding the key in the locked position for
>>> 30 sec, and then it should bleep at you. I assume this is what you
>>> mean and
>>> fails to work. If so, summing brocked mate :-)
>>>
>>> Pete

>> ah, I thought I could lock it, take the key out straight away and it
>> would then arm 30secs later ! Oops, will try the 'proper' way later...!
>> Thanks.

>tried this, and it doesn't work ! Can anyone else help with any
>suggestions, or is the lock / key / alarm knockered ?

Have you tried being very pedantic?
Insert key. Turn to the Unlock position and then straight to the Locked
position, holding the key in the locked position for 30 sec. If this still
fails then something is certainly wrong.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso (his)
147 2.0 TS (2002) - Gem Green (her's)

Alfa 156 alarm prob. rochdalecowboy Alfa Romeo 2 September 25th 04 08:14 PM
Alfa 156 2001 alarm deactivation in the UK? Bruce Alfa Romeo 3 August 31st 04 10:47 PM
147 Alarm upgrade x-man Alfa Romeo 2 August 13th 04 02:31 AM
Alfa 147 - Double beep when arming alarm. Ash Alfa Romeo 8 June 21st 04 11:44 AM
Setting Radio start-up volume? Paul Woodsford Alfa Romeo 0 May 31st 04 02:29 PM