Dear fellow Alfisti an MG question!

Old July 25th 04, 10:47 AM

Default Dear fellow Alfisti an MG question!

As an owner of both an Alfa and an MG TF I would like to ask my fellow
Alfisti members whether they know any newsgroups associated with MG.

Thanks a lot
Perry - Greece
Cuore Sportivo

Old July 25th 04, 12:15 PM
SteveH

p > wrote:

> As an owner of both an Alfa and an MG TF I would like to ask my fellow
> Alfisti members whether they know any newsgroups associated with MG.

uk.rec.cars.mg

Mother in Law has an MGF, loves it to bits. For similar money, I'd
prefer a GTV Spider. For less money I'd have a Barchetta.

Always found the MG to be too much like sitting in a Rover hatchback
rather than being in a sportscar.

VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old July 28th 04, 07:49 AM
gallus

I am in the same position and use
uk.rec.cars.mg
it's a good group with helpful knowledgeable members
hope this helps
Gallus
http://www.puredeadgallus.com

Old July 28th 04, 01:03 PM
Dr Entropy

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:15:39 +0100, SteveH blathered thus:

> p > wrote:
>
>> As an owner of both an Alfa and an MG TF I would like to ask my fellow
>> Alfisti members whether they know any newsgroups associated with MG.

> uk.rec.cars.mg
>
> Mother in Law has an MGF, loves it to bits. For similar money, I'd
> prefer a GTV Spider. For less money I'd have a Barchetta.
>
> Always found the MG to be too much like sitting in a Rover hatchback
> rather than being in a sportscar.

Too bad we aren't on the same continent, Steve. My MGB has been "modified" i.e.
cammed, and Weber'd up... I'd like to take you for a short run in it and
dispell that awful Rover feeling ;-}

--
Dr E--
mhm 17x1

"If you can't *handcraft* Usenet chaos, then what is there left?"
-- The 2-Belo

"i'm still not sure exactly what a "flonk" is, but i know it pertains to
children's tv programming..."
-- Tampa Stu

Old July 28th 04, 01:03 PM
SteveH

Dr Entropy > wrote:

> > Always found the MG to be too much like sitting in a Rover hatchback
> > rather than being in a sportscar.

> Too bad we aren't on the same continent, Steve. My MGB has been "modified"
> i.e. cammed, and Weber'd up... I'd like to take you for a short run in it
> and dispell that awful Rover feeling ;-}

It's not the engine, the VVC lump is lovely.

It's the whole feeling.

Oh, I've just noticed, you said MG*B*, not MG*F*.

Big, big, difference.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL