88 Trooper

Old June 12th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Default 88 Trooper

Hola, I am in oregon for the summer and have bought an 88 Isuzu
trooper. I really like it, but it's got a hefty oil leak out of the
head gasket. The car shop quoted me $900 to fix it. I only paid $950
for it. It's in great running condition otherwise. The engine was
rebuilt at 180,000 miles and it is now at 220,000 miles. I guess my
question is whether it's worth it to fix the oil leak and attempt to
drive it back to West Virginia where I'm from at the end of summer, or
should I just sell it to the guy at work who's been asking me for it.
Any opinion is fine with me. Just looking for thoughts on this one.