'89 civic power dead

Old April 5th 06, 06:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default '89 civic power dead

I have a '89 Civic DX. It was heavy rain today but drove fine several
times during the day. Later I tried to start it but there were no
lights on the dashboard at all, no fans, no lights, nor would it start.
Battery is new. Any idea where I should start investigating?

Thanks,
Ari

Old April 5th 06, 10:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Same old trouble on Main relay.

Old April 5th 06, 02:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

> wrote

> Same old trouble on Main relay.

....not so. This sounds more like a bad connection at the battery posts.
Old April 5th 06, 02:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"Burt" > wrote in
. com:

> > wrote
>
>> Same old trouble on Main relay.

> ...not so. This sounds more like a bad connection at the battery posts.

Agree.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old April 5th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

TeGGeR® wrote:
> "Burt" > wrote in
> . com:
>
> > > wrote
> >
> >> Same old trouble on Main relay.

> > ...not so. This sounds more like a bad connection at the battery posts.
> >

> Agree.
>

> --
> TeGGeR®
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

Yup - same here.
Also be sure to check the cable going from the battery (-) to the
frame.

Old April 6th 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Niti wrote:
> I have a '89 Civic DX. It was heavy rain today but drove fine several
> times during the day. Later I tried to start it but there were no
> lights on the dashboard at all, no fans, no lights, nor would it start.
> Battery is new. Any idea where I should start investigating?

Make sure you still have a battery.

Old April 7th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Thank you for all your answers - funny too. Cables are on the battery
posts. I tried to track the negative cable from the battery and up to a
point it's fine, then I couldn't see. I'll let you know what the
mechanic makes of it.