sloth MFFY mentality rampant

Old January 1st 05, 03:24 AM
Furious George

Jim Yanik wrote:
> Scott en Aztl=E1n > wrote in
> :
>
> > On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:01:34 -0500, "James C. Reeves"
> > wrote:
> >

> >>"Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > wrote in
> >>message

ups.com...

> >>Good thing since they can't fly at 55MPH...and we all know that you
> >>soil yourself when ever the speed in the vehicle you're riding in
> >>exceeds 60.

> > I heard when he found out the plane was going 550 MPH, he went up

and
> > kicked the pilot in the teeth. This was, of course, before 9/11 and
> > the new reinforced cockpit doors were installed.
> >

> maybe he was that guy who broke partway thru the cockpit door and

they used
> the crash axe to subdue him? B-)
>
> --
> Jim Yanik
> jyanik
> at
> kua.net

No LBMHBF is that guy on the side of the road with his thumb sticking
out. You know the guy that you would have given a ride except for that
he's dirty and sticky and you just plain don't ride with creeps.

Old January 1st 05, 06:52 AM
Brent P

In article t>, Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:

>> If it was only 5 minutes... Try a factor of 6 more.

> Suppose it was ten minutes in the aft section of a 767. What's another ten
> minutes after a 4 hour flight?

Took about 3.5 hours to get back from denver. took another half hour to
get off the plane.

The fact of the matter is, like the 'just let them do it' and
"consideration" preachers of driving, you are asking everybody else to
have infinite tolerance of people who do not think ahead, do think about
how and what they are doing impacts others. True consideration is knowing
how to impact others the least and following through on it.

Nobody has infinite tolerance of this lack of real consideration. 5
minutes here, 10 minutes there, 30 minutes somewhere else. Multiplied by
hundreds of people encountered in a day. It gets aggrivating. Over weeks,
months and years... people eventually can't tolerate it any longer. The
real solution is to preach actual consideration for others. Not demand
those who practice real consideration have the tolerance of Jesus as
described in religious texts. If everyone did their part to minimize
their impact on others, daily life would be considerably easier. It's
much more achievable than demanding super human feats of infinite tolerance.

Old January 1st 05, 06:52 AM
Brent P

Old January 1st 05, 06:54 AM
Brent P

In article .com>, gpsman wrote:
> If you've flown much you know the first baggage checked is the last
> baggage off. It usually takes 15 minutes to get to baggage claim after
> exiting the aircraft and another 15-30 minutes after that for baggage
> from your flight to hit the carosel.

What if you don't have any checked bags.... I just had a carry on for the
flight where I got stuck in the last row of seats.

Old January 1st 05, 06:54 AM
Brent P

Old January 2nd 05, 10:07 AM
gpsman

gpsman wrote:
> > If you've flown much you know the first baggage checked is the last
> > baggage off. It usually takes 15 minutes to get to baggage claim

after
> > exiting the aircraft and another 15-30 minutes after that for

baggage
> > from your flight to hit the carosel.

> What if you don't have any checked bags.... I just had a carry on for

the
> flight where I got stuck in the last row of seats.

-----

In that circumstance most people would be excused from passing thru
baggage claim... but in your case, I think you ought to stop and see if
someone didn't check a few bags for you that you were unaware of. If I
were you I'd wait until all bags were claimed before exiting the
baggage claim area.

Try to get the opportunity to get your ear against every suitcase. My
guess is... any that are "ticking"... are yours.
-----

- gpsman

Old January 2nd 05, 10:07 AM
gpsman

Old January 2nd 05, 03:02 PM
Furious George

Paul wrote:
> "Olaf Gustafson" > wrote in message
> > I've always loathed the part of air travel when the plane hits the
> > gate and everyone stands up, gets in the aisle and stands around

doing
> > nothing.

> I recently had the opportunity to tak my first flight a little over 3
> years (went to Vegas before the holidays). When the plane reached the
> gate, I just kept my ass in my seat untill the most of the other

sheep
> who sprung up as soon as the plane stopped got off and then grabbed

my
> junk and walked calmly off the plane. Since the crew said it was OK

> use cell phones at the gate, I took the time to make any calls I

needed
> to make and be done with them.

You're part of the problem. I want to deplane NOW, but I am always
stuck behind some fat-ass ****er like yourself. Well I got news for
you, you're not taking your time. You're taking MY TIME.

Old January 2nd 05, 03:02 PM
Furious George

Old January 2nd 05, 04:04 PM
Dave Head

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 01:47:26 -0500, "Paul"
> wrote:

>"Olaf Gustafson" > wrote in message
.. .
>> I've always loathed the part of air travel when the plane hits the
>> gate and everyone stands up, gets in the aisle and stands around doing
>> nothing.

>I recently had the opportunity to tak my first flight a little over 3
>years (went to Vegas before the holidays). When the plane reached the
>gate, I just kept my ass in my seat untill the most of the other sheep
>who sprung up as soon as the plane stopped got off and then grabbed my
>junk and walked calmly off the plane. Since the crew said it was OK to
>use cell phones at the gate, I took the time to make any calls I needed
>to make and be done with them.

That's about how I do it too. I don't see any reason to jump up, and sometimes
have to stand while all bent over because I can't get into the aisle and the
overhead storage is low, and be in that position for 5 minutes. When the aisle
starts clearing 2 or 3 rows ahead, I stand up, grab my junk, and by that time I
just walk off the plane. No problem. _Still_ get to baggage claim before my
bags.

And, BTW, I _normally_ sit at the back of the plane. This means I get to board
in the 1st wave after 1st class, its not so far to the lavatory, and if a plane
crashes, the survivors are usually the ones that are sitting near the tail
section. Plus, I _can_ _sit_ and wait, walk to the baggage claim, and its not
as long to _stand_ there waiting for the bags (unless its US Air, of course,
and then the wait could be 8 days, or... forever.)

Dave Head