Transmission Service

Old June 4th 04, 10:22 PM
Ratbert

Ron Herfurth wrote:
> Sounds like a plan, but how do you dispose of all the T-fluid?

The same way you get rid of it after a normal transmission fluid change.
Take it to Kragen's used motor oil tank or to your local waste
disposal facility.
Old June 5th 04, 04:53 AM
Wild Bill

Gentlemen, I thank you all for this valuable information. I am
appreciative!

Old June 6th 04, 12:59 PM
Tim Shoppa

"Ron Herfurth" > wrote in message >...
> > If you really want to flush, just repeat the 60% change several times.
> > (Driving in between to circulate everything, of course.)
> > ATF is fairly cheap, and with the Saturn automatic it's so easy just
> > to pull the drain plug.

> Sounds like a plan, but how do you dispose of all the T-fluid?

My local recycling place accepts both used ATF and motor oil.

Still, doing the drain/refill more than once seems excessive... yes,
a previous owner might have skimped on maintenance but if it was one
ATF change that they missed, then I don't see much point in doing the
multiple flush. And if they missed every ATF change over 180000miles, then
whatever additional wear that was caused won't be cured by just flushing
the ATF out... although it won't hurt to do so, especially if the OP
will be racking up mega-miles himself.

I understand that on some new cars, that there is no maintenance specified
for the auto transmission (maybe they ship with synthetic ATF?). Although
the dealers admit that after 120k miles (where the maintenance schedule
stops at) maybe it'd be a good idea.

Tim.
Old June 10th 04, 05:12 AM
Dave

TAAT = Trans Axle Automatic Transmission
TAMT = Trans Axle Manual Transmission
TACL = Trans Axle Clutch

All you need to do is step across the room and look into your
Saturn S-Series Parts and Illustration Catalog.
It you left yours at the office, use your secret decoder ring.

Big Dave

Old June 19th 04, 01:35 AM

Hello :
You had mentioned that the transmission is alot like the Honda transmission.
We were when we bought our 04 Vue that GM and Honda worked together on the
new transmission in the Vue. That would explain it.