2001 M3 rear shocks

Old July 18th 06, 05:01 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
sgfan3

Default 2001 M3 rear shocks

Can anyone recommend a source for "reasonably" priced rear shocks for my
2001 M3 (USA)? My dealer is over $600. OUCH!!!

Thanks!

Old July 18th 06, 05:55 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Bob Smitter

"sgfan3" > wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a source for "reasonably" priced rear shocks for my
> 2001 M3 (USA)? My dealer is over $600. OUCH!!!

Darn, other than suspension kits, these are hard to find. But, here
is one choice: Pelican Parts www.pelicanparts.com .
They have the stock Boge for $123.25 ea. BMW part number
33 52 2 283 105.

Bob

Old July 18th 06, 05:17 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
sgfan3

Thanks, Bob. I'll give them a call.

Old July 18th 06, 07:05 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Bob Smitter

"sgfan3" > wrote:
> Thanks, Bob. I'll give them a call.

You are certainly welcome. I have a strong feeling that you
will also need rear shock mounts. You might want to consider
something better designed than stock. Pelican has a reenforced
Meyle and a JTD replacement. For a really robust mount,
look at Turner Motorsport.

Bob

Old July 25th 06, 03:22 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
sgfan3

Very perceptive, Bob. It is actually the mounts that have my attention right
now. They are worn out and need to be replaced. I figured while I was
there, I'd replace the shocks as well. As for the shocks, I've been quite
happy with their performance and have no complaints with them. Do you think
I can do better without compromising the relatively comfortable ride and
without spending a fortune?

Old July 25th 06, 03:56 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Bob Smitter

I was completely satisfied with my stock suspension. It will cost
a fortune to make any meaningful and properly conceived
modifications. Just get those beefed-up mounts and replace
the shocks if worn out with the Sachs/Boge ones.

Bob

"sgfan3" > wrote in message
> Very perceptive, Bob. It is actually the mounts that have my attention
> right now. They are worn out and need to be replaced. I figured while I
> was there, I'd replace the shocks as well. As for the shocks, I've been
> quite happy with their performance and have no complaints with them. Do
> you think I can do better without compromising the relatively comfortable
> ride and without spending a fortune?
>

> "Bob Smitter" > wrote in message
>> "sgfan3" > wrote:
>>> Thanks, Bob. I'll give them a call.

>> You are certainly welcome. I have a strong feeling that you
>> will also need rear shock mounts. You might want to consider
>> something better designed than stock. Pelican has a reenforced
>> Meyle and a JTD replacement. For a really robust mount,
>> look at Turner Motorsport.
>>
>> Bob

GC 2001 - rusting rear lift pistons Phil Schuman Jeep 0 May 7th 06 03:35 AM
Rear shocks DanFXR Jeep 13 November 28th 05 04:48 PM
2001 Accord - left rear caliper sticking George Earl Honda 0 October 15th 05 10:09 PM
2001 325i Shocks T.B. BMW 4 June 10th 05 04:45 AM