Two More Reasons Why I Ride the Train to Work

Old July 2nd 05, 03:40 AM
Scott en Aztlán

Default Two More Reasons Why I Ride the Train to Work

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...cidentatDQ.jpg

No, this didn't happen to me - I found it on another forum.

Basically he was parked at a Dairy Queen when two SUVs came and parked
on either side of him, and BOTH opened their doors and smacked into
the sides of his car. They pretended not to notice and, when they came
out of the DQ, they drove off without offering to pay for the damage.

This is the kind of **** that makes me glad I don't have to drive my
car to work. If it's not careless co-workers, it's Jose the Gardener
banging into your car with his rake, or Manuel the Roofer spraying
little flecks of roofing tar all over your paint.

Old July 2nd 05, 05:47 PM

what is the story

Old July 5th 05, 04:28 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
Scott en Aztlán <newsgroup> wrote:

>This is the kind of **** that makes me glad I don't have to drive my
>car to work. If it's not careless co-workers, it's Jose the Gardener
>banging into your car with his rake, or Manuel the Roofer spraying
>little flecks of roofing tar all over your paint.

I prefer using my car to keeping it pristine.
Old July 5th 05, 05:00 PM

In article >,
Scott en Aztlán <newsgroup> wrote:

>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...cidentatDQ.jpg
>
>No, this didn't happen to me - I found it on another forum.
>
>Basically he was parked at a Dairy Queen when two SUVs came and parked
>on either side of him, and BOTH opened their doors and smacked into
>the sides of his car. They pretended not to notice and, when they came
>out of the DQ, they drove off without offering to pay for the damage.
>
>This is the kind of **** that makes me glad I don't have to drive my
>car to work.

^^^^^^^

Yeah, I'm so with you here. Because this kind of thing could
never happen on the weekend.

Old July 6th 05, 03:25 AM
Bernard Farquart

"Matthew Russotto" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Scott en Aztlán <newsgroup> wrote:
>>
>>This is the kind of **** that makes me glad I don't have to drive my
>>car to work. If it's not careless co-workers, it's Jose the Gardener
>>banging into your car with his rake, or Manuel the Roofer spraying
>>little flecks of roofing tar all over your paint.

> I prefer using my car to keeping it pristine.

I prefer using my car, but *not* having someone f*ck it up,
to using it and having tar sprayed on it, or dents smashed into the doors.

Bernard

Old July 6th 05, 02:57 PM
Scott en Aztlán

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 16:00:16 GMT, wrote:

>In article >,
>Scott en Aztlán <newsgroup> wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...cidentatDQ.jpg

>>No, this didn't happen to me - I found it on another forum.
>>
>>Basically he was parked at a Dairy Queen when two SUVs came and parked
>>on either side of him, and BOTH opened their doors and smacked into
>>the sides of his car. They pretended not to notice and, when they came
>>out of the DQ, they drove off without offering to pay for the damage.
>>
>>This is the kind of **** that makes me glad I don't have to drive my
>>car to work.

> ^^^^^^^
>
>Yeah, I'm so with you here. Because this kind of thing could
>never happen on the weekend.

Manuel the Roofer and Jose the Gardener don't work weekends.

When you're touring, you're with your car most of the time and moving,
not parked in one place for 8 hours at a time.

Bottom line, the chances of having your car damaged by careless boors
is greatly reduced if it's not a daily driver.

Old July 6th 05, 03:09 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
Bernard Farquart > wrote:

>"Matthew Russotto" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> Scott en Aztlán <newsgroup> wrote:
>>>
>>>This is the kind of **** that makes me glad I don't have to drive my
>>>car to work. If it's not careless co-workers, it's Jose the Gardener
>>>banging into your car with his rake, or Manuel the Roofer spraying
>>>little flecks of roofing tar all over your paint.

>> I prefer using my car to keeping it pristine.

>I prefer using my car, but *not* having someone f*ck it up,
>to using it and having tar sprayed on it, or dents smashed into the doors.

You don't really have that choice. If you're going to bring it out in
public, **** will happen to it. If you're not, why do you have it?
Old July 6th 05, 03:22 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
Scott en Aztlán <newsgroup> wrote:
>On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 16:00:16 GMT, wrote:
>
>>In article >,
>>Scott en Aztlán <newsgroup> wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...cidentatDQ.jpg

>>>No, this didn't happen to me - I found it on another forum.
>>>
>>>Basically he was parked at a Dairy Queen when two SUVs came and parked
>>>on either side of him, and BOTH opened their doors and smacked into
>>>the sides of his car. They pretended not to notice and, when they came
>>>out of the DQ, they drove off without offering to pay for the damage.
>>>
>>>This is the kind of **** that makes me glad I don't have to drive my
>>>car to work.

>> ^^^^^^^
>>
>>Yeah, I'm so with you here. Because this kind of thing could
>>never happen on the weekend.

>Manuel the Roofer and Jose the Gardener don't work weekends.

Lots of gardeners work weekends. Though I've actually never had my
car damaged by a roofer or a gardener; I suspect you're just being a
racist asshole here.

>When you're touring, you're with your car most of the time and moving,
>not parked in one place for 8 hours at a time.

Right, because lots of people park at a Dairy Queen for 8 hours at a time.
Oh, wait... maybe that's your problem, maybe you WORK at the Dairy
Queen. You know, you're supposed to park your car in the back of the
lot and leave the best spots for the customers.

How long do aftermarket struts tend to last (Sensatrac)? (harsh ride on 97 Accord) [email protected] Honda 3 June 3rd 05 08:22 PM
How long do aftermarket struts tend to last (Sensatrac)? (harsh ride on 97 Accord) [email protected] Technology 3 June 3rd 05 08:22 PM
Best Home Base Work Reynard 4x4 0 November 10th 04 02:27 AM
Best Home Base Work Reynard Antique cars 0 November 9th 04 04:36 PM
Jeep Grand Cherokee - Rough Ride Josh 4x4 4 August 26th 04 07:26 AM