Fire in the hole!!!

Old May 9th 05, 11:59 PM
Shag

Default Fire in the hole!!!

http://railadventures.dyndns.org/temp/projectile.jpg
Picked that up off of the street by my neighborhood after the rail
launched it. I had just "tapped" it into the stinger and since it fit
so tight I didn't think I'd have a problem. But... when the rail
started running rough near home today and backfiring, I saw a blur of
something in the rear-view mirror just after a particularly bad
backfire... thought it was flame shooting out of the stinger for a
second until we noticed how the sound level of the exhaust had just
about doubled. No problem. It's home again... and hopefully won't go
anywhere now...
http://railadventures.dyndns.org/temp/fix1.jpg
http://railadventures.dyndns.org/temp/fix2.jpg

"Stupid people are funny." - me
Old May 10th 05, 03:26 AM
Joey Tribiani

"Shag" > wrote in message
> http://railadventures.dyndns.org/temp/projectile.jpg
> Picked that up off of the street by my neighborhood after the rail
> launched it. I had just "tapped" it into the stinger and since it fit
> so tight I didn't think I'd have a problem. But... when the rail
> started running rough near home today and backfiring, I saw a blur of
> something in the rear-view mirror just after a particularly bad
> backfire... thought it was flame shooting out of the stinger for a
> second until we noticed how the sound level of the exhaust had just
> about doubled. No problem. It's home again... and hopefully won't go
> anywhere now...
> http://railadventures.dyndns.org/temp/fix1.jpg
> http://railadventures.dyndns.org/temp/fix2.jpg
>
> "Stupid people are funny." - me

hehe...sorry shag, when we were on IM the other night and i saw the new
section of your site(finally) i meant to mention you didn't seem to have
anything securing the baffle(in the picture)....must have gotten
sidetracked....that fancy smancey new centerpunch could have done the job
and just "peened " it in place...but a zipscrew or bolt works too..heh

Old May 10th 05, 12:01 PM
Shag

On Mon, 9 May 2005 22:26:05 -0400, "Joey Tribiani" >
wrote:

>hehe...sorry shag, when we were on IM the other night and i saw the new
>section of your site(finally) i meant to mention you didn't seem to have
>anything securing the baffle(in the picture)....must have gotten
>sidetracked....that fancy smancey new centerpunch could have done the job
>and just "peened " it in place...but a zipscrew or bolt works too..heh

I just bent the lip up a tiny bit on my old stinger to hold the baffle
in place, but this one has a seam all along the lower edge and I
figured I might break that weld if I bent it. I *did* get out one of
my new punches that I was telling you about but I'd have had to remove
the stinger to be able to use it effectively. When I lightly tapped
it the first time the whole thing bounced around. I think the bolt
thingie will hold it nicely. :-)