75 Regular beetle -- what is attached to the EGR valve?

Old February 11th 05, 12:32 AM
Remco

Default 75 Regular beetle -- what is attached to the EGR valve?

Hi again guys.

All the while stripping, I found that the EGR valve's other side is not
hooked up to anything. The top of the EGR valve goes to the air intake
- fine. The other side of the valve goes through a pipe through a bend
to another pipe. The bottom of this pipe has a flange on a tin. Through
the tin it is attached to a flange of a short bent pipe. This pipe
appears to be broken -- it almost looks like it should go to a box or
something. (maybe a filter?). My muffler was junk and did not have a
small flange, so that can't be it.

Could anyone tell me what this broken pipe is supposed to be attached
to so I can order one?

Thanks!
Remco

Old February 11th 05, 01:03 AM
Speedy Jim

Remco wrote:
> Hi again guys.
>
> All the while stripping, I found that the EGR valve's other side is not
> hooked up to anything. The top of the EGR valve goes to the air intake
> - fine. The other side of the valve goes through a pipe through a bend
> to another pipe. The bottom of this pipe has a flange on a tin. Through
> the tin it is attached to a flange of a short bent pipe. This pipe
> appears to be broken -- it almost looks like it should go to a box or
> something. (maybe a filter?). My muffler was junk and did not have a
> small flange, so that can't be it.
>
> Could anyone tell me what this broken pipe is supposed to be attached
> to so I can order one?
>
> Thanks!
> Remco

Ugh! Why?
Go he
http://www.oldbeetle.de/intl/pcat/epc.html
Click on #21-20
The tin can is a filter and, yes, the flange connects to the muffler assy.

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old February 11th 05, 01:26 AM
Remco

Thanks for that link - that's it!

Why? Need to rebuild the engine.

1990 325i, worn valve stem.. [email protected] BMW 0 February 6th 05 01:37 AM
Fluid check valve, roll over valve Kevin_S Jeep 0 January 12th 05 11:37 PM
Valve Grinding Question hemyd Technology 4 January 11th 05 03:39 PM
New Beetle Tim murphy VW air cooled 9 January 1st 05 04:54 PM
Driving without EGR valve hooked up the_brewmaster Saturn 4 July 19th 04 05:34 AM