GTR2 Setup Questions (New to this Game, but not sims)

Old April 24th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Chris LaVelle

Default GTR2 Setup Questions (New to this Game, but not sims)

I have a few basic questions regarding GTR2, and figured this would be a
good place to look for answers. I played the Nascar racing sim alot
back in the old days (remember TEN), but haven't really played much in
the last 5-6 years. Broke out the old wheel (TSW) and purchased GTR2
and have been playing around with the game off-line. Trying to learn
tracks and get the hang of things before I venture online.

Question 1: Is there a Setup Guide for GTR2 that someone has wrote?
Back in the old days of Nascar, Team LightSpeed had a 40-50 page guide
to the settings and affects, is there anything comparable for GTR2?

Question 2: What are the optimal tire temps to try and obtain? I know
on the Nascar sim you were looking for 215-230 depending on length of
race. What should my readings be on this game, and how many laps before
I should check. I ran 5-6 laps the other night and the tire temps were
109-112 range I think. Didn't know what to make of it. Also, is there
an optimal tire pressure that I should be aiming for. I know the tires
build up pressure with heat and use, so wondering if there is a range I
should be shooting for during a run?

Question 3: Is there an optimal temp for the fluids? What's good and
bad? Need to know how much to close up openings and such.

Question 4: Is there a guide to how to use the Motec Software? Is this
usable without in-game recording? With this on the game seems to skip a
little and I'm running practice laps by myself. I have a pretty decent
PC so this suprised me (3.2 GHZ w/ 1 GIG RAM).

Question 5: Any sites that are don't miss with regards to this game?
English sites please. Been mostly using NoGrips site.

Thank you in Advance, feel free to answer any or all of the above.

Chris
Old April 24th 07, 02:02 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jim C

Try this site. They have links to motec & gtr2 setup guides as well as
answers to your other questions. Be patient, it's a bit slow.

http://forum.rscnet.org/forumdisplay...4c29 0&f=1096

Old April 24th 07, 06:20 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Chris LaVelle

Thanks, seems like a good link to have.

Chris

Jim C wrote:
> Try this site. They have links to motec & gtr2 setup guides as well as
> answers to your other questions. Be patient, it's a bit slow.
>
> http://forum.rscnet.org/forumdisplay...4c29 0&f=1096
>
> "Chris LaVelle" > wrote in message
>
>>I have a few basic questions regarding GTR2, and figured this would be a
>>good place to look for answers. I played the Nascar racing sim alot back
>>in the old days (remember TEN), but haven't really played much in the last
>>5-6 years. Broke out the old wheel (TSW) and purchased GTR2 and have been
>>playing around with the game off-line. Trying to learn tracks and get the
>>hang of things before I venture online.
>>
>>Question 1: Is there a Setup Guide for GTR2 that someone has wrote? Back
>>in the old days of Nascar, Team LightSpeed had a 40-50 page guide to the
>>settings and affects, is there anything comparable for GTR2?
>>
>>Question 2: What are the optimal tire temps to try and obtain? I know on
>>the Nascar sim you were looking for 215-230 depending on length of race.
>>What should my readings be on this game, and how many laps before I should
>>check. I ran 5-6 laps the other night and the tire temps were 109-112
>>range I think. Didn't know what to make of it. Also, is there an optimal
>>tire pressure that I should be aiming for. I know the tires build up
>>pressure with heat and use, so wondering if there is a range I should be
>>shooting for during a run?
>>
>>Question 3: Is there an optimal temp for the fluids? What's good and
>>bad? Need to know how much to close up openings and such.
>>
>>Question 4: Is there a guide to how to use the Motec Software? Is this
>>usable without in-game recording? With this on the game seems to skip a
>>little and I'm running practice laps by myself. I have a pretty decent PC
>>so this suprised me (3.2 GHZ w/ 1 GIG RAM).
>>
>>Question 5: Any sites that are don't miss with regards to this game?
>>English sites please. Been mostly using NoGrips site.
>>
>>Thank you in Advance, feel free to answer any or all of the above.
>>
>>Chris

Jeep Dual Battery Setup Questions Lee Technology 3 May 17th 06 01:56 AM
Nice monitor setup for sims Stephen F. Simulators 1 June 24th 05 08:53 AM
TrackIR and Race Sims - Questions BRH Simulators 6 March 18th 05 07:30 PM
Suspension sims Bob Paulin Technology 0 December 27th 04 04:24 PM
ALT TAB and Sims Neil Charlton Simulators 7 December 6th 04 05:12 PM