Jeep yj 4cyl performance fuel injectors swap

Old July 7th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
jeepRio

Default Jeep yj 4cyl performance fuel injectors swap

bllsht wrote:
> Everybody knows the only way to get better mileage and power is by using the
> tornado in conjunction with fuel line magnets.

Read all about the fuel line magnet and what it really does with
scientific evidence.
http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc...9/eng99199.htm

Old July 7th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

jeepRio wrote:

> bllsht wrote:
> > Everybody knows the only way to get better mileage and power is by using the
> > tornado in conjunction with fuel line magnets.

> Read all about the fuel line magnet and what it really does with
> scientific evidence.
> http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc...9/eng99199.htm

I was at a Custom Street Rod show last summer and a Camaro had the
tornado things in it's intakes, all 8 of them were straight up stacks
with the thing in each. The booth it was at was flogging snake oil
products.

This Camaro wouldn't run. Every time they got it going to try and do a
show track lap it didn't make 20 feet and had to be pushed back.

Finally when the show was over and all the spectators had left, they
then removed the tornados and the engine ran well enough to do a lap and
drive itself into the truck. The rest of us were just ****ing ourselves
laughing at the fools.

Back in the carburetor days, you could put a spacer 'under' it to cool
it down a bit which actually did something. Now, well.....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
Old July 7th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW

Mike Romain did pass the time by typing:
> jeepRio wrote:
>>
>> bllsht wrote:
>>> Everybody knows the only way to get better mileage and power is by using the
>>> tornado in conjunction with fuel line magnets.

<snippies>

> Back in the carburetor days, you could put a spacer 'under' it to cool
> it down a bit which actually did something. Now, well.....

Yep. Kept the fuel cooler and helped with intake velocity on the
short intakes. I used an insulator with a fiberglass heat shield instead of
metal, worked even better at keeping the carb cooler.

All they do now is adjust the trottle and kickdown cables which tricks
the driver into thinking they get more power earlier. Easy enough
adjustment to do with a screwdriver.

--
DougW

Old July 8th 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lon

jeepRio proclaimed:

> bllsht wrote:
>
>>Everybody knows the only way to get better mileage and power is by using the
>>tornado in conjunction with fuel line magnets.

> Read all about the fuel line magnet and what it really does with
> scientific evidence.
> http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc...9/eng99199.htm

I suspect he may have been kidding...
Old July 8th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_2_]

Bill,

I thought it was a two hundred fifty mile per gallon carburetor. ;^)

Earle

"L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" > wrote in message
> BS, you want to know, can I drive up that hill faster than the
> fifty miles an hour last time! If you do you will be using more energy
> (gasoline.) No the oil companies don't hold the patent on that fifty
> mile carburetor. As it would only work on that same fifteen to one gas
> ratio.
> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
> http://www.billhughes.com/
>
> Earle Horton wrote:
> >
> > Not necessarily. He could be getting more complete combustion. Four

holes
> > instead of one could mean better atomization of the fuel. Or it could

mean

Old July 8th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

The fish that got away keeps getting bigger with each telling.
Whatever, it is foolish think we can pull around a two ton car at fifty
miles to the gallon, at least not with the energy form gasoline. Now the
USS Reagan that steamed into it's home port of San Diego, yesterday will
never have to be refueled, or at least for the first twenty years.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 11th 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Matt Macchiarolo

"jeepRio" > wrote in message
oups.com...

as far as the tornado is concerned the helix throttle body spacer does
pretty much the same thing but later in the air stream.

You're right, the spacer does do the same as the tornado....nothing.