Rear Wheel Alignment

Old December 1st 04, 02:16 PM
gdkucera

Default Rear Wheel Alignment

I am showing unusual wear on the rear wheels of my '98 TJ. The
pattern is a saw tooth on the outer edge, noticable when rubbing your
hand from front to back (not outside to inside). Are the rear wheels
adjustable and could the problem be fixed?
Old December 1st 04, 02:54 PM
Lee Ayrton

Check the tire pressure first. Low pressure will make that pattern too.

--
Some conditions apply. YMMV. This message was packed by weight, not
by volume. TWIAVBP, local variation may occur. Dramatization, not a real
Old December 1st 04, 02:54 PM
Lee Ayrton

Old December 1st 04, 03:19 PM
Mike Romain

That is cupping and is usually caused by a dead shock.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old December 1st 04, 03:19 PM
Mike Romain

Old December 2nd 04, 02:59 AM
Joseph P

Mike Romain wrote:
| That is cupping and is usually caused by a dead shock.
|
| Mike
| 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
| 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
|
| gdkucera wrote:
|| I am showing unusual wear on the rear wheels of my '98 TJ. The
|| pattern is a saw tooth on the outer edge, noticable when rubbing
|| your hand from front to back (not outside to inside). Are the
|| rear wheels adjustable and could the problem be fixed?

I second the shock thing...the "saw tooth" is a dead give away that the tire
is bouncing down the road instead of staying in contact with it.

--
Disclaimer: A large chunk of the preceding was, in its entirety,
written by the wisest of mules.

http://www.****inggoogleit.com/

JEGP
NC, USA

MSN:JEGP AOL:JEGP

Old December 2nd 04, 02:59 AM
Joseph P

Old December 4th 04, 02:26 PM
mic canic

it's called cupping and is a result of not rotating and keeping the tires
balanced

Old December 4th 04, 02:26 PM
mic canic