throttle cable

Old March 5th 05, 10:55 PM
sammy3smith

Default throttle cable

idle is jumping by itself while driving only occasionally. throttle cable
was stretched so we tightened it (rigged) still had problem checked cable
a few days later and even more stretched any ideas what might be causing
this. i was told cable might be frayed. to replace it but i'm worried
something else might be wrong no lights are coming on.

Old March 6th 05, 04:56 PM
Backyard Mechanic

sammy3smith opined in
lkaboutautos.com:

> idle is jumping by itself while driving only occasionally. throttle cable
> was stretched so we tightened it (rigged) still had problem checked cable
> a few days later and even more stretched any ideas what might be causing
> this. i was told cable might be frayed. to replace it but i'm worried
> something else might be wrong no lights are coming on.

Not that it matters or anything but is this a 2004 or a 1965 version.

And how about REPLACING the freakin' cable and seeing if that fixes it before
coming on here!

Shheeeesh... as if webtv wasnt bad enuff!

Old March 7th 05, 10:15 PM
sammy3smith

for your info i did replace it and it still does it more often now this is
a 1994 car 3.8 v6 automatic and sorry if i'm not car smart. some people
are just so grumpy and miserable sheesh

nobody says you have to respond to it. think it is stupid go to the next
one

Old March 8th 05, 02:12 AM
Backyard Mechanic

sammy3smith opined in
lkaboutautos.com:

> for your info i did replace it and it still does it more often now this is
> a 1994 car 3.8 v6 automatic and sorry if i'm not car smart. some people
> are just so grumpy and miserable sheesh
>
> nobody says you have to respond to it. think it is stupid go to the next
> one

Okay, now make sure the throttle plate (manifold) moves freely when you
disconnect bith the accel and cruise cables. if it does, look at the pedal
linkage/rod itself