Bluetooth Addon?

Old March 3rd 05, 12:52 PM
Bob

Default Bluetooth Addon?

I understand from my dealer that an "Addon Module" will soon be availble
from BMW allowing Bluetooth in vehicles not factory fitted with the
technology.

Anybody know anything about this?

Thanx,
Bob
Old March 3rd 05, 03:50 PM
Steve Parry

Bob fumbled, fiddled and fingered:

> I understand from my dealer that an "Addon Module" will soon be
> availble from BMW allowing Bluetooth in vehicles not factory fitted
> with the technology.
>
> Anybody know anything about this?

Apart from the fact that it'll probably be hideously overpriced ... no
)

--
Steve Parry
K100RS SE & F650

(not forgetting the SK90PY)

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

Old March 3rd 05, 07:13 PM
David Bowen

My dealer in the UK quoted £1000 for installation in a 2001 e46.

. 14...

Old March 3rd 05, 10:32 PM
Andrew Thomas

David Bowen wrote:
> My dealer in the UK quoted =A31000 for installation in a 2001 e46.

That would be because cars in the UK - indeed all of Europe - are not
fitted as standard with telephone pre-wiring (option SA640). Cars sold
in the US and some countries in SE Asia are. What your dealer has
charged you for is the Bluetooth gear and the wiring necessary - which
requires most of the interior to be removed. If you already have
SA640, the BT add-on takes less than an hour, and the parts are
relatively cheap (perhaps the same price as any integrated aftermarket
BT hands-free kit).

Old March 4th 05, 12:21 AM
John Carrier

About $600 for the module and installation kit. Works with most BMW's from
2003 on. May be compatible with earlier. Installation isn't too tricky,
initialization by dealer required. After that and pairing, your phone is
recognized by the car and you have the same features the older BMW plug-in
phones had (hands free, steering wheel buttons enabled, phone database
downloaded and displayed by vehicle).

R / John

. 14...

Old March 4th 05, 06:20 PM
Paul Aspinall

Is this kit available for E65 / E66??

Is it available in the UK yet?

Thanks

Old March 7th 05, 02:07 AM

Check out www.connects2usa.com or www.aardvarkmm.com for info on Argos.
It's a new Bluetooth system to integrate into BMW's (and in the near future,
Mercedes and Jaguar) that has more functionality and is less expensive than
the BMW ULF module or aftermarket modified BMW ULF modules. Connects2USA
was just mentioned in an article on Bluetooth that was in the Wall Street
Journal, and also was in Mobile Electronics magazine (Jan. issue)

Sprint phones that work with bluetooth???? Gary Rall BMW 4 January 30th 05 09:54 PM
2004 M3 and Bluetooth John E Yurkon BMW 0 January 10th 05 01:20 AM
Bluetooth John E Yurkon BMW 8 December 30th 04 04:48 PM
list of phone bluetooth with 530D luxe pack 2004 m@x BMW 0 November 19th 04 01:56 PM
Bluetooth Hatman BMW 2 October 17th 04 03:31 PM