Faded Striping

Old March 2nd 05, 11:32 PM
Adrian Gruber

Default Faded Striping

Hello all, I am new to this user group and have owned Mustangs since 1980.
I have a problwm with a 2002 Mustang GT which I need some advice on.
I have a Oxford white GT with Ford Market and "After Market " Striping on
the hood.
The after market striping is vinyl and is starting to dis-colour and fade!
The Ford striping on the door panel is black and looks like new.
Is there any way to restore the after market striping back to its original
condition?

Old March 3rd 05, 12:02 AM
Spike

I don't know about your particular case, but, when I lived in the
desert the sun constantly washed out the colors (red and blue panels
and striping) on my white 72 Mustang. I used paste wax to take off the
oxidation and put a shine back on them. I also tried a really fine
rubbing compound which also worked, followed by a vinyl protectorant.
This worked, too. However, as the late model paint is put on in such a
thin layer, you would not want either one to get rubbed on the paint!!

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 22:32:39 GMT, "Adrian Gruber" >
wrote:

>Hello all, I am new to this user group and have owned Mustangs since 1980.
>I have a problwm with a 2002 Mustang GT which I need some advice on.
>I have a Oxford white GT with Ford Market and "After Market " Striping on
>the hood.
>The after market striping is vinyl and is starting to dis-colour and fade!
>The Ford striping on the door panel is black and looks like new.
>Is there any way to restore the after market striping back to its original
>condition?

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16