helmets in cars- a right that should be recognized

Old January 10th 05, 09:36 PM

It's the dimocratic way!

Old January 10th 05, 10:13 PM
Cory Dunkle

"Magnulus" > wrote in message

> "Cory Dunkle" > wrote in message
> > What about those in places where roads are designed to handle speeds in
> > excess of 100 MPH and those speeds are the norm? I suppose those people
> > aren't even remotely sane being as how they are exceeding the arbitrary
> > numbers established in the U.S. for revenue collection?

> Like the Autobahn? It does have speed limits in some places,

especially
> around sharper curves (Usually about 50mph). German cars also have

higher
> safety standards now than American cars, and there are very few SUV's

there.

Many of the places on the Autobahn with speed limits are dynamically set by
the operators running the highway in the control rooms. They set speed
limits for various reasons, including weather, and also traffic conditions.
Slowing down traffic before a traffic jam will help keep traffic moving
smoothly and allow more time for the jam to clear up.

I wasn't just referring to Germany though. Italy, and other also have roads
where speeds above 100 MPH are common.

As for SUVs. I don't care waht anyone chooses to drive. It is their
responsibility to not exceed the vehicles limits (be it speed, cornering,
braking, etc...). Big brother should not be dragging everyone down to the
dumbest common denominator.

> Where I see the really problematic speeding is off interstates and big
> highways. I see people speeding just driving to the mall or grocery

store.
> Usually doing 10-15 mph over the limit. And the way the lights are

setup,
> they really make no better time than I do, driving the speed limit.

Speeding is a greatest problem in residential zones, where police typically
do 1.5x-2x the speed limit without their lights or siren to warn
pedestrians, children, and other motorists. Raise limits where appropriate,
and enforce them _strictly_. Cops should also be setting an example. As it
is teh example they set is taht it's okay to go significantly faster than
the speed limit, even in residential zones. So that is wahte veryone else
follows.

As for traffic light timings... Around here many roads if you travel the
speed limit you get stuck at nearly every light. There are several that I
know well by now that I have to run nearly all out from one light to the
next to get through. That's exactly what I do. I am more often than not the
only one to get through.

Old January 10th 05, 10:13 PM
Cory Dunkle

Old January 11th 05, 01:06 AM
Magnulus

"Alex Rodriguez" > wrote in message
> Headphones will block out all outside noise. Unless your stereo is

obnoxiously
> loud, you will still hear outside noises.

Rubbish. Unless you have noise-cancelling headphones or some kind of
special canalphone. I've worn small headphones as a passenger in a car a
good deal ,and I can still hear conversations.

Old January 11th 05, 01:06 AM
Magnulus

American cars Dave Antique cars 6 February 13th 05 04:27 PM
528i vs 530i vs 540i USA Versions FSJ BMW 37 January 16th 05 06:38 PM
Dodge cars are EVIL, they are the automobiles of SATAN ! ! ! ! Hans-Marc Olsen Dodge 20 December 11th 04 12:53 AM
Dream Cars, The Best Cars in the World Rare Old Things Antique cars 0 February 14th 04 04:38 AM
many parts cars in NY Stephen Hawking Antique cars 1 October 25th 03 04:37 AM