1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 4X4 Problems

Old June 23rd 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Default 1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 4X4 Problems

Ok, I've got a beast!!!!
1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, Auto, 5.9L 360 (The Small Hemi perhaps) Well
whatever it is, it's hard on the wallet!!!!

Ok, so this is not mine quite so to say. But I drive it and it's
locked in 4 wheel drive, So it's even harder on gas. The switch that you
move back and forth moves back and forth, and you can hear the vaccum
sucking/blowing, but the 4WD light still remains on. Got any ideas on how
I can this sucker out of 4 wheel drive!!??

Old June 23rd 06, 11:57 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Try a jeep group,if you have`nt already , you will get a hell of a lot more
replies.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old June 23rd 06, 11:58 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:22:05 -0400, "72Capri"
> wrote:

> Ok, I've got a beast!!!!
> 1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, Auto, 5.9L 360 (The Small Hemi perhaps) Well
>whatever it is, it's hard on the wallet!!!!
>
> Ok, so this is not mine quite so to say. But I drive it and it's
>locked in 4 wheel drive, So it's even harder on gas. The switch that you
>move back and forth moves back and forth, and you can hear the vaccum
>sucking/blowing, but the 4WD light still remains on. Got any ideas on how
>I can this sucker out of 4 wheel drive!!??

Two things, first it has a AMC 360 not a Dodge 360. (it is not related
to it at all) Swcond, check vacum lines going to Tcase as they
frequently crack and leak with age. If they are good check vacum
actuator on Tcase itself.
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old June 23rd 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

You might want to try here then:

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old June 24th 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

72Capri wrote:
> Ok, I've got a beast!!!!
> 1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, Auto, 5.9L 360 (The Small Hemi perhaps) Well
> whatever it is, it's hard on the wallet!!!!
>
> Ok, so this is not mine quite so to say. But I drive it and it's
> locked in 4 wheel drive, So it's even harder on gas. The switch that you
> move back and forth moves back and forth, and you can hear the vaccum
> sucking/blowing, but the 4WD light still remains on. Got any ideas on how
> I can this sucker out of 4 wheel drive!!??

Get underneath and find where the vacume line attaches to the transfer
case. Here are three thing to try:
1 check that the vacume line is not blocked
2 Open up the inspection plate, where the vacume actuator is and move
the tranfer lever manually.
3 see a mechanic

Bye

Old June 24th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

On 23 Jun 2006 17:45:00 -0700, "chippy" >
wrote:

>72Capri wrote:
>> Ok, I've got a beast!!!!
>> 1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, Auto, 5.9L 360 (The Small Hemi perhaps) Well
>> whatever it is, it's hard on the wallet!!!!
>>
>> Ok, so this is not mine quite so to say. But I drive it and it's
>> locked in 4 wheel drive, So it's even harder on gas. The switch that you
>> move back and forth moves back and forth, and you can hear the vaccum
>> sucking/blowing, but the 4WD light still remains on. Got any ideas on how
>> I can this sucker out of 4 wheel drive!!??

>Get underneath and find where the vacume line attaches to the transfer
>case. Here are three thing to try:
>1 check that the vacume line is not blocked
>2 Open up the inspection plate, where the vacume actuator is and move
>the tranfer lever manually.
>3 see a mechanic
>
>Bye

Usually they go bad under tha hood after they come through firewall
and then hook to a steel pipe that goes to Tcase and then the is
another small peice of hose attaching it to dashpot.
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old July 2nd 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
djvanders

Have you heard of the MPG-CAP? It can save you money on fuel costs,
increasing your gas mileage 7-14%, but some people I know are getting
up to 30%. We went from 18mpg with our 2001 Chevy Venture to 24mpg,
which is a 33% increase! This stuff really works!
Check out our toll free calls and websites below for more info on the
product and business. You'll be glad you did when you find out how
much money you can save and make helping others save money.
Fuel Freedom International (FFi) offers a unique, patent pending,
product called the MPG-CAP. FFi has combined this satisfaction
guaranteed product with an incredible compensation plan for those
looking for a lucrative home-based business that capitalizes on the
timing of the out-of-control fuel prices around the world.
The MPG-CAPs provide increased gas mileage of 7-14% (some customers are
experiencing up to 30%), increased octane .4 - 1.6%, better
performance and decreased emissions for a cleaner environment.
MPG-CAPs are designed for use in all gasoline and diesel powered
engines including, but not limited to, the following: autos, trucks,
boats, RV's, ATV's, generators, heavy equipment, motorcycles and
snowmobiles.

Call this toll free number for a brief 4 minute intro message:
1-877-222-6741
To understand more about this exciting opportunity, listen to this 20
minute information call at 1-323-761-6441.
Please give me a call with any questions that you might have.
Sincerely,
David VanDerSteen B. Ed.
Independent Fuel Freedom International Distributor
204.284.7857

Corporate Site:
www.thegasguys.myffi.biz
Support System: www.teamvictory.ca

Old July 2nd 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Lon

djvanders proclaimed:

> Have you heard of the MPG-CAP? It can save you money on fuel costs,
> increasing your gas mileage 7-14%, but some people I know are getting
> up to 30%. We went from 18mpg with our 2001 Chevy Venture to 24mpg,
> which is a 33% increase! This stuff really works!

Hey wait folks. Before you dismiss this jerk as just another lame brain
spammer, hear me out. I bought one of these for a friend with a Hummer
H1. The thing worked so well the poor guy had to start siphoning fuel
from the H1 every week to keep the tank from overflowing!!! I would not
lie to you about this any more than the original spammer would!!! Trust
me as you would trust the original spammer!!!.

> Call this toll free number for a brief 4 minute intro message:
> 1-877-222-6741
> To understand more about this exciting opportunity, listen to this 20
> minute information call at 1-323-761-6441.

Wonder how many incoming trunks those numbers have.

> Please give me a call with any questions that you might have.
> Sincerely,
> David VanDerSteen B. Ed.
> Independent Fuel Freedom International Distributor
> 204.284.7857

Be sure to call at all hours of the day and night to thank "David" for
his efforts.

Old July 4th 06, 07:49 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Dafey

I`m going to get this tomorrow!!! along with a Tornado for my intake!!

--
85 S-15,Jimmy,2.8 5 speed.
91 S-10 Blazer 4.3 auto.

>> Have you heard of the MPG-CAP? It can save you money on fuel costs,
>> increasing your gas mileage 7-14%, but some people I know are getting
>> up to 30%. We went from 18mpg with our 2001 Chevy Venture to 24mpg,
>> which is a 33% increase! This stuff really works!

> Hey wait folks. Before you dismiss this jerk as just another lame brain
> spammer, hear me out. I bought one of these for a friend with a Hummer H1.
> The thing worked so well the poor guy had to start siphoning fuel from the
> H1 every week to keep the tank from overflowing!!! I would not lie to you
> about this any more than the original spammer would!!! Trust me as you
> would trust the original spammer!!!.
>

>> Call this toll free number for a brief 4 minute intro message:

>> To understand more about this exciting opportunity, listen to this 20
>> minute information call at 1-

> Wonder how many incoming trunks those numbers have.
>

> Be sure to call at all hours of the day and night to thank "David" for his
> efforts.

Jeep news from Chrysler Scott in Baltimore Jeep 20 June 28th 06 01:15 AM
vibration problems with jeep lbg 4x4 4 February 14th 06 02:29 PM
YJ Breaks down - Bad Triple AAA Experience. Lou Boncek Jeep 9 December 18th 05 10:55 PM
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Cold Starting Problems jnm007a Jeep 3 December 3rd 05 01:56 PM
Starting Problems '93 Jeep HELP Ralf Technology 2 December 26th 04 03:23 PM