Posting the RAMJ+W NG CHARTER!

Old July 13th 05, 05:29 PM
Mike Romain

Default Posting the RAMJ+W NG CHARTER!

This needs to be posted now and then although these days it seems it is
a total waste of time and effort.

For those who don't know what this rec.*.* NG's charter is the whole
process including the votes can be viewed he

ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/news.announc...rs.jeep+willys

Here is the Charter text quoted:

RATIONALE: rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

The discussion of Jeep 4 wheel drive vehicles began on the offroad
mailing list as well as on the Usenet group rec.autos.4x4. As the
offroad mailing list grew in size, the Jeep-L listserver was set up to
discuss topics specifically to Jeep and Willys vehicles.

At this time there are more that 50 articles sent to the Jeep
listserver, as well as > 50 articles being sent on the offroad server
daily. The volume on the usenet group rec.autos.4x4 exceeds 125
articles daily.

It has been suggested that a new Usenet group be created to take the
load off of the listservers as well as limit the articles in the
rec.autos.4x4 newsgroup.

CHARTER: rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

The unmoderated newsgroup rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys is to be used
for discussions, announcements, expression of opinions, and questions
about Jeep (Trade Mark) and Willys vehicles. It also serves as a
medium for those interested in sharing and exchanging their
experience. It is also meant to be a forum for buying and selling
parts by non-commercial vendors.

Some things that could be discussed....

-Jeep/Willys history
-repairs and modifications
-parts exchange
-technical information
-4x4 driving experiences
-vehicle restoration
-new vehicle evaluations

Some things that shouldn't be discussed....

-4 wheel drive vehicles made by
other manufacturers
-commercial posts

The articles sent to the Jeep listserver will be cross-posted to Usenet
but not vise versa.

END CHARTER.

End quote.

Just thought we all needed a reminder that this isn't a free for all
alt.*.* group but a rec.*.* group that at least has some basic rules.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
Old July 13th 05, 07:05 PM
BillyRay

'nuf said !

It shouldn't be a waste of time but sometimes BillyRay is a bad boy.... ;-(

And when he is really bad he can be really good....

Old July 13th 05, 08:40 PM
Mike Romain

The group is pretty well behaved because of the charter. We haven't
been over run with too many idiots or commercial fools.

Private sales by private folks are more than welcome here too, same for
auctions, but you should mention it's an auction if it is.

Mike

Old July 13th 05, 10:07 PM
Tom Greening

Thanks for the reminder. Maybe a copy of this should be posted over in that
"BR-549 I know more about some boring chemicals than you do" thread.

Old July 14th 05, 05:03 PM
Lee Ayrton

Thanks, Mike.