N2K and Vista

Old January 12th 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
mookytc

Default N2K and Vista

Hi,

I am still having issues getting N2K to run nicely using Vista. Here
my specs:

Abit AW9D-Max
Intel E6600 @ 3.2 GHz
2GB G Skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ 4-4-4-12 1:1
EVGA 8800 GTX
Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB
OCZ GameXstream 700W PSU
X-FI Xtreme Gamer
Zalman 9700
Cooler Master STC-T01
Samsung 226BW 22" LCD

Using Vista Ultimate, all hotfixes and drivers updated. If I use my
old CRT i can get N2K to run smoothly with v-sync on using opengl. I
prefer these days to use my wide screen display. I cannot for the life
of me get things running smoothly. In D3D v-sync will not work even
when forced. The fps are high but it still has a "choppy" feel to it.
Opengl will lock at 60fps with v-sync on however the frames dropp
halfway into the first lap of a race.

All other games (gtr2, rfactor, race07) run smooth as can be. Does
anyone have this game running nicely in Vista using an LCD? This is
not a bash vista thread. Drvier updates have come a long way since
it's inception. I even right clicked and set compatibility mode to XP-
SP2 with other boxes checked as well but no go.

Curious if JJ or any of the forum regulars have any tips. The machine
is dual boot so it is not the end of the earth but it is the last and
very important thing I have hanging in Vista.

Many thanks,

DC
Old January 12th 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jwilson54

mookytc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am still having issues getting N2K to run nicely using Vista. Here
> my specs:
>
> Abit AW9D-Max
> Intel E6600 @ 3.2 GHz
> 2GB G Skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ 4-4-4-12 1:1
> EVGA 8800 GTX
> Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB
> OCZ GameXstream 700W PSU
> X-FI Xtreme Gamer
> Zalman 9700
> Cooler Master STC-T01
> Samsung 226BW 22" LCD
>
> Using Vista Ultimate, all hotfixes and drivers updated. If I use my
> old CRT i can get N2K to run smoothly with v-sync on using opengl. I
> prefer these days to use my wide screen display. I cannot for the life
> of me get things running smoothly. In D3D v-sync will not work even
> when forced. The fps are high but it still has a "choppy" feel to it.
> Opengl will lock at 60fps with v-sync on however the frames dropp
> halfway into the first lap of a race.
>
> All other games (gtr2, rfactor, race07) run smooth as can be. Does
> anyone have this game running nicely in Vista using an LCD? This is
> not a bash vista thread. Drvier updates have come a long way since
> it's inception. I even right clicked and set compatibility mode to XP-
> SP2 with other boxes checked as well but no go.
>
> Curious if JJ or any of the forum regulars have any tips. The machine
> is dual boot so it is not the end of the earth but it is the last and
> very important thing I have hanging in Vista.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> DC

The first thing you need to do is turn V-Sync OFF !!!! nr2003 never did
well with it on.
Old January 13th 08, 12:36 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
mookytc

On Jan 12, 4:47*pm, jwilson54 > wrote:
> mookytc wrote:
> > Hi,

> > I am still having issues getting N2K to run nicely using Vista. Here
> > my specs:

> > Abit AW9D-Max
> > Intel E6600 @ 3.2 GHz
> > 2GB G Skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ 4-4-4-12 1:1
> > EVGA 8800 GTX
> > Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB
> > OCZ GameXstream 700W PSU
> > X-FI Xtreme Gamer
> > Zalman 9700
> > Cooler Master STC-T01
> > Samsung 226BW 22" LCD

> > Using Vista Ultimate, all hotfixes and drivers updated. If I use my
> > old CRT i can get N2K to run smoothly with v-sync on using opengl. I
> > prefer these days to use my wide screen display. I cannot for the life
> > of me get things running smoothly. In D3D v-sync will not work even
> > when forced. The fps are high but it still has a "choppy" feel to it.
> > Opengl will lock at 60fps with v-sync on however the frames dropp
> > halfway into the first lap of a race.

> > All other games (gtr2, rfactor, race07) run smooth as can be. Does
> > anyone have this game running nicely in Vista using an LCD? This is
> > not a bash vista thread. Drvier updates have come a long way since
> > it's inception. I even right clicked and set compatibility mode to XP-
> > SP2 with other boxes checked as well but no go.

> > Curious if JJ or any of the forum regulars have any tips. The machine
> > is dual boot so it is not the end of the earth but it is the last and
> > very important thing I have hanging in Vista.

> > Many thanks,

> > DC

> The first thing you need to do is turn V-Sync OFF !!!! *nr2003 never did
> well with it on.- Hide quoted text -

In my case v sync has not made a difference one way or another. It
does not function properly in Vista/N2K D3D on my machine. Same issue
is present whether it is on of off.

No issues with v sync/xp N2K on my machine.

Thx,

DC
Old January 15th 08, 03:50 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy[_2_]

Hi, Ill dare assume you tried setting the properties of the EXE file to run
in compatibility mode (forXP) and see if the results are different?

NR worked nice on my beta version of vista, but I have not tried since, not
from clean install anyhow..

Old January 15th 08, 08:57 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
mookytc

On Jan 14, 10:50 pm, "PlowBoy" > wrote:
> Hi, Ill dare assume you tried setting the properties of the EXE file to run
> in compatibility mode (forXP) and see if the results are different?
>
> NR worked nice on my beta version of vista, but I have not tried since, not
> from clean install anyhow..
>
> "mookytc" > wrote in message

> On Jan 12, 4:47 pm, jwilson54 > wrote:
>

> > mookytc wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > I am still having issues getting N2K to run nicely using Vista. Here
> > > my specs:

> > > Abit AW9D-Max
> > > Intel E6600 @ 3.2 GHz
> > > 2GB G Skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ 4-4-4-12 1:1
> > > EVGA 8800 GTX
> > > Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB
> > > OCZ GameXstream 700W PSU
> > > X-FI Xtreme Gamer
> > > Zalman 9700
> > > Cooler Master STC-T01
> > > Samsung 226BW 22" LCD

> > > Using Vista Ultimate, all hotfixes and drivers updated. If I use my
> > > old CRT i can get N2K to run smoothly with v-sync on using opengl. I
> > > prefer these days to use my wide screen display. I cannot for the life
> > > of me get things running smoothly. In D3D v-sync will not work even
> > > when forced. The fps are high but it still has a "choppy" feel to it.
> > > Opengl will lock at 60fps with v-sync on however the frames dropp
> > > halfway into the first lap of a race.

> > > All other games (gtr2, rfactor, race07) run smooth as can be. Does
> > > anyone have this game running nicely in Vista using an LCD? This is
> > > not a bash vista thread. Drvier updates have come a long way since
> > > it's inception. I even right clicked and set compatibility mode to XP-
> > > SP2 with other boxes checked as well but no go.

> > > Curious if JJ or any of the forum regulars have any tips. The machine
> > > is dual boot so it is not the end of the earth but it is the last and
> > > very important thing I have hanging in Vista.

> > > Many thanks,

> > > DC

> > The first thing you need to do is turn V-Sync OFF !!!! nr2003 never did
> > well with it on.- Hide quoted text -

> In my case v sync has not made a difference one way or another. It
> does not function properly in Vista/N2K D3D on my machine. Same issue
> is present whether it is on of off.
>
> No issues with v sync/xp N2K on my machine.
>
> Thx,
>
> DC

Yes sure did try changing the compatibility settings. No luck. Again
what is strange if I hook up the old CRT it does work nicely in
OpenGL.

DC

N2003 and Vista Mookytc Simulators 15 July 15th 08 05:34 AM
More X-Fi Updates For Vista Larry \(The Other Larry\) Simulators 0 June 26th 07 03:06 PM
gt legends and vista Kevin Barnes Simulators 5 April 2nd 07 05:32 AM
vista and gpl Milo Johnson Simulators 19 February 5th 07 05:34 PM