UltraForce GS-1 Tested by Indycar Drivers

Old January 11th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

Default UltraForce GS-1 Tested by Indycar Drivers

Check out the UltraForce Simulators web site for some updates:

http://www.ultraforcesim.com

Pat Dotson
UltraForce Simulators
Kokomo, Indiana
765-480-8907

Old January 11th 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Lancelot

Seems quite costly.

oups.com...

Old January 11th 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

Indy 500 Winner Buddy Lazier and former IRL regular Davey Hamilton (who
will be returning to competition this year) had a chance to drive with
the GS-1 G-Seat. The event happened at Sinden Racing HQ on Gasoline
Alley in Indianapolis. Lazier and Hamilton piloted the rFactor X-Car
mod around the virtual Indianapolis Motor Speeday while the GS-1
provided "seat of the pants" feedback.

Both drivers were impressed with the GS-1 G-Seat. Lazier, after almost
an hour in the simulator, commented that the feedback from the seat is
very realistic. Hamilton said that the Ultraforce GS-1 combined with
rFactor and a triple-monitor display delivered the best racing
simulator experience he had ever had.

Check out the UltraForce web site for more detail and pictures:

http://www.ultraforcesim.com

Pat Dotson

Old January 11th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony Rickard

wrote:
> Check out the UltraForce Simulators web site for some updates:

http://www.ultraforcesim.com

The seat looks at its best in action, Pat.

The image http://www.ultraforcesim.com/new_files/image004.jpg looks
somewhat utilitarian. I guess the key is once at in the seat in a
reasonable racing position all you see is the screen and feel the motion.

The images with Buddy and Davey look pretty cool. A major coup getting
those drivers on board!

Cheers
Tony

Old January 11th 07, 10:49 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony Rickard

Lancelot wrote:
> Seems quite costly.

Niche product, niche pricing. Simple economics.

Old January 12th 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

Lancelot wrote:
> Seems quite costly.

It's not cheap, but try pricing a Virtual GT or a Virtual Racer X.

The $3,600 price will include a racing cockpit that the GS-1 seat will
be mounted in. The Ultraforce simulator will be a bargain considering
the driving experience it provides.

Pat Dotson
UltraForce Simulators
Kokomo, Indiana
765-480-8907

Old January 13th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Albert Ross

http://www.ivibe.com/default.htm

> Good find,and less than 1/10 the cost of the lawn chair deal!

The iVibe is superb! I couldn't believe how much more fun rFactor was
with this thing. I wouldn't be without one now.