sail cloth soft tops

Old March 4th 05, 05:48 PM
Big Country

Default sail cloth soft tops

Hi all
It's time for the new softtop for the 94 and in anticipation of moving from
Hawaii I may need to stay warm. Does anyone have any experience with the
new sail cloth soft top? Is it worth the extra buck fifty? I have been
looking into used hard tops but from a storage standpoint I recall them
being a pain. However, the used hard tops are pretty cheap here because tops
are not ever required. I appreciate any input you folks have.

--
Big country
2003 GMC Sierra 1500 4X4

Old March 4th 05, 06:49 PM
Andy

I believe since 2001, TJs have been equipped with the sail cloth soft top
as OEM. I still have my original sail cloth top on (I have a 2001 TJ) and
it is still fine. It is very quite compared to any others and I would get
the same when replacement is needed. Some say it is as quite as a hardtop
on, I agree.

Andy
2001 TJ

Old March 4th 05, 07:27 PM
Dennis Cox

I just replaced my 97 top with a sailcloth. I like it so far. Quieter than
the old one, but I think that is mainly because it doesn't have 2 huge holes
in it.

Old March 4th 05, 10:07 PM
Tirya

"Big Country" > wrote in message
> Hi all
> It's time for the new softtop for the 94 and in anticipation of moving

from
> Hawaii I may need to stay warm. Does anyone have any experience with the
> new sail cloth soft top? Is it worth the extra buck fifty? I have been
> looking into used hard tops but from a storage standpoint I recall them
> being a pain. However, the used hard tops are pretty cheap here because

tops
> are not ever required. I appreciate any input you folks have.

If you have an old-style soft top, you will probably be AMAZED at how the
new sailcloth top sounds. I totally love it. My '99 had the old-style, and
the difference with the new one is simply incredible, and well worth every
penny, IMHO.

Tirya
--
TDC Inca Jeeper
A girl and her Jeep... it's a beautiful thing...