'ol 93 sw2

Old October 16th 04, 05:43 AM

Default 'ol 93 sw2

Fixed up the 'ol bugger with new bendix brakes last week.
Replaced the control arms, ball joints, tie rods. The flex pipe
went and had it replaced(shoulda done it myself but the old
shoulder's been giving me a fit) about two weeks ago. Tires and
alignment are new as of the control arm period of time awhile
back. New oil change last week and took it out into the country
to clear carbon if possible, and got 35 miles to the gallon on
the trip. Still not enough but what the heck. Wish Saturn would
make a hybrid 90 mile per gallon vehicle that could haul serious
lumber. Anyway, she's running nice and tight & real great at the
moment, long may it last, for my $-sake! Tally ho!
Old October 16th 04, 05:24 PM
Jonnie Santos

Congrats - I always thought Saturn should have made a pickup, not sure about
the hybrid - interesting though. ...I kept expecting to see someone modify
a wagon to resemble a rally/off-road car. Just some taller springs (2") and
some taller tires and some Hella lamps on the bumper. We have a lot of
lifted and off-road trucks out here and people have 'off-roaded' a lot of
vehicles you normally wouldn't think about. But I digress...