Monster Sound System?

Old January 6th 05, 02:18 AM
DougW

Patrick did pass the time by typing:
> http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pages
>
> I won 9 th In Canada in 1999 in Sound Quality and Installation.level
> an Honest 147.3 DB in a 2 doors 97 Tercel

That's PFL. Pretty .. Loud. ^_^

> Car Audio has been a hobby for many years.
>
> Spent too much on that, i would have a nice rock crawler today....
> I still do some basic installation for friend but that's about it
>
> All i have to say is Speak LOUD as i have problem earing... ( Wondering
> Why ) LOL

Been there, done that, have a whole box of t-shirts.

Total System Power into 4W : 300W
Highest SPL : 118 dB (OSHA max exposure limit 15min)
Best Freq Response IASCA : 26 (out of 30 back then)

Never had enough time to accumulate points for a national.
Came close in 94 though, then they changed the CD and power splits
so it wasn't worth competing. Still enter shows every now and then
just to let people see what can be done.

Nothing like taking the interior back to metal just to lay down
sound insulation. Can't stand the rattleboxes that kids run these
days.

It's still fun to crank up bagpipe music or some country/western
just to watch the expressions.

And yes, I wear hearing protection when maxing out.

Still find myself looking at the 1KW amps and thinking about how much
fun it would be to fit those into the ZJ. Just remove the back seat to
hold forklift batteries... eep!

--
-- DougW -- 93 ZJ 4.0 http://members.cox.net/wilsond
HESCO Supercharger - 300W IASCA Stereo - Edelbrock IAS Shocks

Old January 6th 05, 02:19 AM
DougW

DougW did pass the time by typing:

> Total System Power into 4W : 300W

^ Ohm thingy, font changed.

Old January 6th 05, 03:07 AM
Patrick

happy to see im not the only one with those fruit of the loom t-shirt.
i still where them at cottage and week-end.

I been publish in Auto Sound & security with my first install , not my
winning one.
March 1999 Volume 10 # 3

Under
DYNAMITE TERCEL
LOL

I also stop after a stupid thief left with all my gear A broken Windows cut
wired, damaged doors and an insurance claim of 13,500 $

I was specially insured for that, don't know if they still do this now..?

Pretty much all hobby are expensinve now , even radio control LOL
but that's another story
Pat

2f1Dd.4653$2_4.4633@okepread06...

Old January 6th 05, 03:46 AM
DougW

Patrick did pass the time by typing:
> happy to see im not the only one with those fruit of the loom t-shirt.
> i still where them at cottage and week-end.

It's a hobby.

> I also stop after a stupid thief left with all my gear A broken Windows cut
> wired, damaged doors and an insurance claim of 13,500 $

That's why I went with a "stealth" install. Except for the sub box you
can't tell it's any thing more than a higher end head unit. The seats
also had locks (drilled out since I misplaced the keys)
http://members.cox.net/wilsond/back-seat-up-amps-up.jpg

> I was specially insured for that, don't know if they still do this now..?

They don't, it is vehicle only unless you add on coverage. Used to be
anything bolted down was covered.

> Pretty much all hobby are expensive now , even radio control LOL
> but that's another story

I have a Futaba 7 channel radio for my RC tank and porche. Too bad the
FCC yanked the band I need and the radio can't be recrystalized. (old analog)
That and the batteries have long since barfed.

--
DougW

Old January 6th 05, 03:18 PM
Troy

OH yeah. My bro had an 80 something xj... filled it up with 6 kicker 15's,
8 6inch (or whatever close) midrange speakers, about 6 tweeters... Could
hear that thing coming from across the neighborhood. Shook the thing so bad
though, that every week he'd have to tighten screws, and it ultimately led
to the death of the vehicle's electrical system. Most of them were in a
wall he built up in the back cargo area... couldn't see out the back window
though. Man that thing was loud. Luckily he grew up and out of that sort
of thing. That and the tickets did him in.