What happened to all the racing wheels?

Old April 27th 06, 01:53 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default What happened to all the racing wheels?

"Jan Verschueren" > wrote in message
> "vvx" wrote...
>>I noticed that some of the companies that used to make racing
>> wheels have discontinued their models.
>>
>> So I ordered the Logitech Momo force feedback wheel, but it
>> is defective. It will not power on. Apparently this is due to some kind
>> of
>> manufacturing problem with the pin where the adapter plugs
>> into the wheel. Many others are running into this same problem.
>>
>> Have quality force feedback racing wheels become extinct?

> There never were any.
>
> I used to have a MOMO Force (you're talking about the MOMO Racing I
> presume, as the Force can no longer be bought new), which was considered
> to be "top end" when it was released.
>
> Over the 3,5 years I owned it, apart from wearing out pots and switches,
> it developed problems with the wiring, clamps and steering shaft, all due
> to poor quality of manifacture and design.
> It also developed horrendous play in the FF mechanism and pedal surfaces.
>
> All of which one could live with if Logitech would provide spares, which
> they don't. As a result I've had the distinc displeasure of giving them
> another 112,- Euros for a Driving Force Pro (and don't even get me started
> on that one).

What's wrong with your DFP? After a year, I still love mine (I did buy Speed
7 Pedals, but the stock pedals with the DFP are actually pretty good).
Wouldn't use any other wheel even if it was given to me free. Are you using
the 4.6 software? What settings?

My first ff wheel was a thrustmaster which was a good wheel and lasted a
long time. There's so much feedback in a sim like rFactor that I wouldn't
even sim race if I didn't have a ff wheel.

--
David G Fisher

Old April 27th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default What happened to all the [Affordable] racing wheels?

It's really simple. Most people can't afford $800 and up wheels, like most
of the mentioned one's are.

-Larry

Old April 29th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Sadly the last update to the BRD Speed 7 FF wheel was 2005.

Old April 29th 06, 05:22 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Buster Hyman" > wrote in news:UeudnaCC--
:

> Sadly the last update to the BRD Speed 7 FF wheel was 2005.

Wasn't something released a short while ago? I thought I read the
price had been set at $1500+ USA Dollars.

dave henrie
Old April 29th 06, 06:22 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>> Sadly the last update to the BRD Speed 7 FF wheel was 2005.
>
> Wasn't something released a short while ago? I thought I read the
> price had been set at $1500+ USA Dollars.

www.teambrd.co.uk

Pre-orders are list on the online shop at www.interactiveracing.com. It's
$1,536.01 USD. Unfortunately, it also says "Now Pre-Ordering for March 11th
2006."

Alan

Old April 29th 06, 01:36 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>What happend to all the AFFORDABLE racing wheels?

More sales in the console market then PC, that's the market the low end
ones are going after.

Old May 1st 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

It's been vapor-ware for years.

The last email I got from them said "November" IIRC.

-Larry