2004 Dodge Intrepid Cruise Control

Old June 8th 04, 06:14 PM
Bill99

Default 2004 Dodge Intrepid Cruise Control

When I drive 70 on the road and set the cruise control the car will surge
accelerate about 3 or 4 miles per hour and then finally make its way back
to 70. If you hit the brake or cancel and then hit resume it does the same
thing, speeds up and then backs off. It's very annoying. This happens at
all speeds but is more noticeable at 60 or 70. Is there an adjustment for
this? Older cars use to have a cable adjustment, it just needs to be less
agressive I guess?

Old June 8th 04, 06:55 PM
Dan C

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 13:14:06 -0400, Bill99 wrote:

> When I drive 70 on the road and set the cruise control the car will surge
> accelerate about 3 or 4 miles per hour and then finally make its way back
> to 70. If you hit the brake or cancel and then hit resume it does the same
> thing, speeds up and then backs off. It's very annoying. This happens at
> all speeds but is more noticeable at 60 or 70. Is there an adjustment for
> this? Older cars use to have a cable adjustment, it just needs to be less
> agressive I guess?

It's obviously under warranty. Have you told the dealer about this?

Linux Registered User #327951

Old June 8th 04, 06:55 PM
Dan C

Old June 10th 04, 03:38 AM
Bill99

Thank you for your poignant reply. yes I have told the dealer about this
and the mechanic said this is normal! If they knew what they were talking
about I wouldn't be asking about this stupid problem. Thank you very
much!!

Old June 10th 04, 04:14 AM
No Thankyou

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 22:38:18 -0400, "Bill99" >
wrote:

>Thank you for your poignant reply. yes I have told the dealer about this
>and the mechanic said this is normal! If they knew what they were talking
>about I wouldn't be asking about this stupid problem. Thank you very
>much!!

Is it possible to bring your car to another Dodge dealer? I know this
isn't the type of reply you are asking for, but maybe you could
discover some additional information concerning the problem if you got
a second opinion from a different dealership.
Old June 10th 04, 04:14 AM
No Thankyou

Old June 10th 04, 05:01 AM
Dan C

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 22:38:18 -0400, Bill99 wrote:

> Thank you for your poignant reply. yes I have told the dealer about this
> and the mechanic said this is normal! If they knew what they were talking
> about I wouldn't be asking about this stupid problem. Thank you very
> much!!

Hey dickhead, you didn't say in the original post that you had already
talked to the dealer. I can't read your mind. If you accepted the answer
they gave you, you are the stupid one. Take it to another dealer, dumbass.

Linux Registered User #327951

Old June 10th 04, 05:01 AM
Dan C

Old June 10th 04, 08:08 PM
CopperTop

I have a 2002 Dodge Intrepid ES with the 3.5 L V6. It does the same thing.
When going up steep grades and the trans drops down, it does it then too.
I just figured this was normal since my PT Cruiser does pretty much the same
thing.

lkaboutautos.com...