Rear stinger/tire carrier

Old February 15th 09, 03:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Greg[_1_]

Default Rear stinger/tire carrier

I just finished my daughter's rear stinger/tire carrier, made out of 1 1/2
x 1/8" wall tube, pull the top pins and it folds down. She has a 9 month old
baby so time to get back seat back in. Anyway I posted a pic over at
alt.binaries.pictures.autos.4x4 let me know what you think.
Greg

Old February 15th 09, 07:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.4x4
Jo Baggs[_2_]

"Greg" > wrote in message
> I just finished my daughter's rear stinger/tire carrier, made out of 1
> 1/2 x 1/8" wall tube, pull the top pins and it folds down. She has a 9
> month old baby so time to get back seat back in. Anyway I posted a pic
> over at alt.binaries.pictures.autos.4x4 let me know what you think.
> Greg

Nice job. You're quite the welder. How much stress is on the top pins?
Seems they might pull out of the sheet metal.

Old February 15th 09, 07:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Greg[_1_]

Acually they go through and then a T shaped extension goes to roll bar

Old February 15th 09, 07:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

Greg wrote:
> I just finished my daughter's rear stinger/tire carrier, made out of
> 1 1/2 x 1/8" wall tube, pull the top pins and it folds down. She has
> a 9 month old baby so time to get back seat back in. Anyway I posted
> a pic over at alt.binaries.pictures.autos.4x4 let me know what you
> think.

Nice!

Might want to tuck in a third brake light, especially if your
in an area that requires them.

--
DougW

Old February 15th 09, 10:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Greg[_1_]

She hasn't had one on for the last 5 years, nor do I, so either we don't
need them or no-one has noticed

Old February 17th 09, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_7_]

How the heck...
do you access alt.binaries.pictures.autos.4x4 ?

Bellsouth dropped binaries.

One of you guys told me awhile back and I lost the destructions...

K.

Old February 17th 09, 02:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Tomes

I use teranews.com. I paid a one time fee of like four dollars for forever.
Tomes

Old February 17th 09, 03:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jo Baggs[_2_]

"Kate" > wrote in message
> How the heck...
> do you access alt.binaries.pictures.autos.4x4 ?
>
> Bellsouth dropped binaries.
>
> One of you guys told me awhile back and I lost the destructions...
>
> K.
>

> "Greg" > wrote in message
> I just finished my daughter's rear stinger/tire carrier, made out of 1
> 1/2
> x 1/8" wall tube, pull the top pins and it folds down. She has a 9 month
> old
> baby so time to get back seat back in. Anyway I posted a pic over at
> alt.binaries.pictures.autos.4x4 let me know what you think.
> Greg

Kate,
try Teranews. It cost like $3 for an account. They were very unreliable
about six months ago, but lately they've been pretty good.

Old February 17th 09, 04:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_7_]

Thanks guys, Mike got me hooked up

What a PITA! PhotoBucket is so much easier :-/

ON topic though, the tire carrier looks pretty cool.
Hard to see much detail in the photos but it looks like it will hold big
azzed tires without much trouble as long as the body mounts are sturdy
enough to support it.

Isn't it kind of heavy for her to lift up and down with that big ol tire on
it?

OBM bilt me a tire carrier with 2x3x3/16 & 2x2x1/8 tubing that I absolutely
LOVE.
It swings on a 3000 pound axle & bearings with a latch that is a flick of a
lever and a lock back so it doesn't hit me in the behind when I'm loading.

Old February 17th 09, 05:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Frank_v7.0

Jo Baggs wrote:
> "Kate" > wrote in message
>> How the heck...
>> do you access alt.binaries.pictures.autos.4x4 ?
>>
>> Bellsouth dropped binaries.
>>
>> One of you guys told me awhile back and I lost the destructions...
>>
>> K.
>>

>> "Greg" > wrote in message
>> I just finished my daughter's rear stinger/tire carrier, made out of 1
>> 1/2
>> x 1/8" wall tube, pull the top pins and it folds down. She has a 9 month
>> old
>> baby so time to get back seat back in. Anyway I posted a pic over at
>> alt.binaries.pictures.autos.4x4 let me know what you think.
>> Greg

> Kate,
> try Teranews. It cost like $3 for an account. They were very unreliable
> about six months ago, but lately they've been pretty good.

I got Terranews and it tells me that alt.binaries.pictures.autos.4x4 is
unavailable. It used to be listed on Terranews :-(

--
FRH

spare tire carrier? D&LBusch Jeep 4 October 29th 07 03:49 AM
tire carrier for an eclipse jlm61 Technology 1 November 27th 06 05:48 PM
Spare tire carrier Carl Jeep 6 October 7th 05 05:00 AM
lod rear bumper and tire carrier Dennis Cox Jeep 0 September 29th 05 06:50 PM
Tire carrier latch replacement cmoschip 4x4 4 June 4th 05 12:20 PM