Rear window defogger defroster

Old November 13th 07, 03:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

Default Rear window defogger defroster

How complicated is the circuit in 2004 accord coupe
for controlling power to the rear window defroster?
The car is EX-L version with automatic a/c but No NAV.

I have no voltage on the wires, so I have checked
the fuse under the hood and it was ok...
Since the car has extended warranty I took it to
the dealer. Left it in the shop 7:10am this morning.

Around noon I called in and I was told that the
electrician is looking at the problem for 2 and half
hours with opened wiring schematics around him and
cannot figure it out what is the problem...

I was quite surprised - how can it be?
It should be simple - we have a pushbutton on the dash
to turn it on, we have some timing circuit to control
the relay, there is the relay and wiring to the glass.
How can the electrician spending more than 2 hours
with no solution?

I got the message on my machine that "they think"
it could be one of the two things, that they ordered
some parts and the car has to be kept over night...

I was quite shocked listening to this message...
Got back to the dealership and got the rental car,
but I cannot believe that a not working defroster
could end up a two day job... Is it possible?

How hard can it be?
I am starting to suspect they are not telling me
the whole truth. Maybe they took the car in and
could not find anybody there free to do the job ?
I do not get it.
Old November 13th 07, 03:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
AZ Nomad

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 21:10:09 -0600, Pszemol > wrote:

>How complicated is the circuit in 2004 accord coupe
>for controlling power to the rear window defroster?
>The car is EX-L version with automatic a/c but No NAV.

>I have no voltage on the wires, so I have checked
>the fuse under the hood and it was ok...
>Since the car has extended warranty I took it to
>the dealer. Left it in the shop 7:10am this morning.

>Around noon I called in and I was told that the
>electrician is looking at the problem for 2 and half
>hours with opened wiring schematics around him and
>cannot figure it out what is the problem...

>I was quite surprised - how can it be?

Their "electrician" is incompetant. It shouldn't take a whole 15 minutes no
matter where the problem is. There's only about 15 components altogether
including the wiring harnesses.
Old November 13th 07, 01:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"Pszemol" > wrote in :

> How complicated is the circuit in 2004 accord coupe
> for controlling power to the rear window defroster?
> The car is EX-L version with automatic a/c but No NAV.
>
> I have no voltage on the wires, so I have checked
> the fuse under the hood and it was ok...
> Since the car has extended warranty I took it to
> the dealer. Left it in the shop 7:10am this morning.

On older Hondas, non-function of the rear defroster is often caused by the
Integrated Control Unit (ICU) having gone bad. This might be applicable to
your car.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old November 13th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

"Tegger" > wrote in message ...
> "Pszemol" > wrote in :
>
>> How complicated is the circuit in 2004 accord coupe
>> for controlling power to the rear window defroster?
>> The car is EX-L version with automatic a/c but No NAV.
>>
>> I have no voltage on the wires, so I have checked
>> the fuse under the hood and it was ok...
>> Since the car has extended warranty I took it to
>> the dealer. Left it in the shop 7:10am this morning.

> On older Hondas, non-function of the rear defroster is often caused by the
> Integrated Control Unit (ICU) having gone bad. This might be applicable to
> your car.

Do you clasify 2004 to "older hondas" group? :-)

Anyway - is there a wiring diagram available somewhere
for 2004 accord? I would be interested to take a peek.

Old November 13th 07, 01:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

"AZ Nomad" > wrote in message ...
> Their "electrician" is incompetant. It shouldn't take a whole 15 minutes no
> matter where the problem is. There's only about 15 components altogether
> including the wiring harnesses.

Interesting.

85 rear window defogger JimS Corvette 2 November 15th 06 07:57 PM
Rear window defogger [email protected] Saturn 2 May 22nd 06 06:01 AM
Help with 97 Vision/Intrepid ATC rear defroster/defogger Mike M Chrysler 3 November 7th 05 08:37 PM
Integra rear defogger/defroster problem cause TeGGeR® Honda 1 October 20th 05 01:10 PM
rear window defogger [email protected] VW air cooled 0 April 14th 05 08:25 PM