What The?? Nobody cared... Dirt is out?

Old July 12th 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Will D[_2_]

Default What The?? Nobody cared... Dirt is out?

"John Smith" > wrote in message
>I played the Dirt demo on xbox360 and it was pretty damn cool, just that
>pos controller. I can't drive with a thumbstick. The graphics are really
>nice. I can't say much about the physics due to the controller.

Son't worry, you aren't missing much. I have the MS Racing Wheel (which is
freakin' awesome with Forza 2, btw). It doesn't improve the Dirt experience.
Those CORR off road buggie/truck things are fun, but everything else is a
turd. Bummer too, cause i was really looking forward to having two good
racing titles for the 360. Forza 2 rocks! If only it had some real racing
series in it.

- Will

Old July 12th 07, 04:56 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PW[_2_]

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 02:09:11 GMT, me/2 > wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 22:11:31 -0500, "Plowboy" > wrote:
>
>:>I guess I have never owned a game from CODEMASTERS, so I have no idea what
>:>to expect, but one online friend says he played the PC version and liked
>:>it...
>:>
>:>nothing on here though... RAS no longer the place to be for good bad or the
>:>ugly Racing sims anymore, I guess?
>:>
>
>Check out the Codemaster's forums at:
>
>http://community.codemasters.com/for...play.php?f=536
>
>There are a few people who claim to have no problems and a lot of
>people who are having serious problems. Looks like it needs a couple
>of more patches before it will be fully playable. BTW, from what I
>read, the first patch was actually released before the game was even
>on the store shelves. Also, the recommended hardware requirements are
>really the minimum requirements and the minimum requirements are
>really a joke.
>
>Starforce rears its ugly head again too. Reports are that you can
>trick the game into starting without an active internet connection but
>if you do your save games end up corrupted.
>
>Or you use the NoDVD patch. :-)
>
>me/2

It's Starforce?? That totally screwed up my PC with the last game I
installed (I think it was GT Legend?) and I ended up having to
reformat my HD and resintall XP.

I just bought DIRT from GoGamer but haven't installed it yet. I will
not now for sure ($40 down the drain). How are we supposed to know if
a game comes with SF BEFORE we buy it??

Old July 12th 07, 11:07 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Remco Moedt

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 16:48:44 -0000, Tim Wheatley
> wrote:

>On Jul 11, 8:56 am, no@email (Remco Moedt) wrote:
>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 06:33:12 -0700, Darus >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >On Jul 11, 7:08 am, no@email (Remco Moedt) wrote:
>> >.

>> >I'd add ARCA Sim Racing as well to the "I'm waiting for THAT!" list.

>> Is it a mod for rFactor? Or in any way based on ISI code?
>>
>> Cheers!
>>
>> Remco

>Hey RM!
>
>Long time no see! How you doin'?

Heya Tim! Still kicking, although I don't race that much any more.
How are you?

Cheers!

Remco
Old July 12th 07, 11:42 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jan Verschueren

"Plowboy" wrote...
>I guess I have never owned a game from CODEMASTERS,
> so I have no idea what to expect, but one online friend says
> he played the PC version and liked it...
>
> nothing on here though... RAS no longer the place to be
> for good bad or the ugly Racing sims anymore, I guess?

I don't know about other posters, but I indeed stopped caring after TOCA2
and CMR2, which is about 6 or 7 games ago.

Codemasters don't make racing simulations, end of story.

Jan.
=---

Old July 12th 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Ugh....

-Larry

Old July 12th 07, 06:57 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

On Jul 11, 9:56 am, no@email (Remco Moedt) wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 06:33:12 -0700, Darus >
>
> >I'd add ARCA Sim Racing as well to the "I'm waiting for THAT!" list.

> Is it a mod for rFactor? Or in any way based on ISI code?
>
> Remco

ARCA is not a mod. It's a standalone sim, but like the SimBin stuff
it is based on the ISI code. I think it's going to be the best stock
car simulation released to date.

Pat Dotson
UltraForce Simulators
http://www.ultraforcesim.com

Old July 15th 07, 12:01 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Gladiator

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:08:19 GMT, no@email (Remco Moedt) wrote:

>I guess we're all waiting for iRacing. I think that will be a
>revolution in simracing.
>
>Cheers!
>
>Remco

Hope so, but I enjoy rFactor and GTR2 for now. They are good racing
sims.
Old July 15th 07, 12:01 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Gladiator

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 17:41:37 -0400, timmy thompson
> wrote:

> Live for Speed fills the gap quite nicely

I've got demo but isn't that purely an online game? I like offline
racing sims better.
Old July 15th 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Gladiator

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 21:56:12 -0600, PW
> wrote:

>It's Starforce?? That totally screwed up my PC with the last game I
>installed (I think it was GT Legend?) and I ended up having to
>reformat my HD and resintall XP.

One thing I leanrt about Starforce. Don't isntall it from CDRW or DVRW
drives. If you install it from a plain jane cheap cd or DVD drive it
should not give you any issues. I suspect Starforce of destroying two
of my recordable drives. Both developed the exact same issue not long
after installing a game with Starforce. Could be coincidence but I
don't think so and I can't prove it one or another though.
Old July 15th 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Gladiator

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:42:07 GMT, "Jan Verschueren"
> wrote:

>I don't know about other posters, but I indeed stopped caring after TOCA2
>and CMR2, which is about 6 or 7 games ago.
>
>Codemasters don't make racing simulations, end of story.
>
>Jan.
>=---

I have Toca2 but can't even play it anyway because something changed
in directx that causes the game to freeze whenever I try to calibrate
my MS Wheel. I've been through all the possible fixes and contacted
their support and it just won't work. I do have Vista now so may try
it on there but like you say, I'm not missing much anyway. I just like
to be able to use products I paid good money for.

4x4 dirt racing test driver 4x4 0 January 11th 07 09:30 PM
both solving now, Gavin and Zack cared the lower colleges under cold counter Gavin D. Von Helsing Technology 0 January 14th 05 10:46 PM
it cared, you behaved, yet Blanche never partly changed outside the hall [email protected] Technology 0 January 14th 05 08:47 PM
Some Cheep SOB Dirt Bag HarryS Jeep 39 December 9th 04 04:17 AM