Door Bushings?

Old June 17th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
[email protected]

Default Door Bushings?

Can anyone recommend an after-market supplier of door hinge bushings?

Thanks,
Bob

Old June 17th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_8_]

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
g.com...
> wrote:
> > Can anyone recommend an after-market supplier of
> > door hinge bushings?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bob
> >

> Umm, for what flavor of Jeep?

Don't you mean "what flavor of anything"? I have door hinges on my house,
car, refrigerator, tool box...

For the Wrangler/CJ type of Jeep, you can buy replacement door hinges
aftermarket. Quality ranges from abysmal to great, and sometimes is related
to price. Try
www.4wd.com. For a Cherokee, for example, you can get
replacement oem door hinges or you can maybe get them bushed at a local
machine shop. Sometimes, you can drill out the holes and insert a bigger
pin, but that is iffy.

Saludos cordiales,

Earle

Old June 17th 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeff Strickland

???

Bushings? What bushings?

oups.com...

Old June 24th 07, 02:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
[email protected]

On Jun 17, 10:22 am, wrote:
> Can anyone recommend an after-market supplier of door hinge bushings?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

2001 Wrangler. Bushings, aka - "door pin sleeves", "inserts", "spacer
washers", the part that helps the door swivel easily, Aftermarket,
OEM, 3rd party, anyplace.

Old June 26th 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Tomes

>> Can anyone recommend an after-market supplier of door hinge bushings?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bob

> 2001 Wrangler. Bushings, aka - "door pin sleeves", "inserts", "spacer
> washers", the part that helps the door swivel easily, Aftermarket,
> OEM, 3rd party, anyplace.

Actually I was wondering the same thing on and off. On my 2002 TJ it has
this softer metal insert thing in where the pin goes. When I was
replacing the door one day I messed it up (bent it a bit) and the door was
stiff for a while until it just mashed itself back into shape I suppose,
as it works fine now.

At the time I was wondering if this was something that was replaceable or
if it mattered. I have concluded with time that it did not matter enough
for me, as it is OK now. Bob's question does have credence tho.

I would recommend to Bob that if he mashed it up and the door pin still
goes in, to just give it a bit of time and see if it works itself out of
being trouble. Mine seemed to.
Tomes

Track arm bushings Lovs2fly Jeep 2 May 18th 06 03:34 PM
Bay Bus Diagonal Arm Bushings???? Busahaulic VW air cooled 2 April 25th 06 03:49 AM
Thanks for help with Control arm Bushings J & J BMW 0 March 5th 06 04:49 AM
Trailing Arm Bushings-Where to get them? WaterWatcher Honda 8 April 15th 05 03:28 AM
Ion Bushings [email protected] Saturn 1 January 26th 05 09:20 PM